FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

vaccuum or boost hose hookup for WG and BOV

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vaccuum or boost hose hookup for WG and BOV

Ok guys I just wanted to clarify some hookups as I hope to be getting closer. The diagrams I saw were a bit confusing and I have seen others post on here their WG didnt work so they "overboosted".
I have a TIAL WG the boost reference or the hose goes to the wg does it just come from anywhere off the maifold after the Throttle body?
The BOV can it come from the same port? One diagram I thought I saw showed it before the Throttle body?

Hope that makes sense I just didnt want to shoot 20 psi to my motor. lol
Old 09-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 389 Likes on 260 Posts

yes and yes, you want the bov reference after the tb.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

If your worried about overboosting you should be more concerned with where to hook the hose up on the wastegate rather than the reference... and its not the top port just fyi
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I may not have all my terminoligy right but yes the line goes to the bottom port on the WG and only have one on the BOV. I will hook them both up to the "pressure" side on the manifold.
Thanks guys just double checking where I am at.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

get you a boost/vac block, install it on your firewall and run 1 line from the intake manifold to it and then hook up everything else to the firewall block.this is what im talking about:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/IPG-U...item3cb8c03a10
Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

I would dedicate a single vacuum line to the wg, and then run your bov and boost gauge, etc off of a vacuum block or tee coming from another source.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 389 Likes on 260 Posts

I use a block similiar to that...its funny all the crap that needs a pressure reference you dont think about....wastegate, bov, fpr, boost sensor, evap maybe, brakes if your not hydroboost, pcv...

Trending Topics

Old 09-15-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a cool block I will check it out. yea there are several "vacuum" hoses required I even have on for my AC to open and close my outside/inside vents. This is a 68 chevy so I dont have some of the other evap stuff but do have some different one.
I was sure on the answer but figured I would throw it up here incase I was missing something obvious...
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

No boost contoller - Bottom port on wastegate and BOV referenced off the intake manifold boost so BOV sees vacuum. Top port of WG is vented to atmosphere.

Name:  DSC00276.jpg
Views: 9824
Size:  48.0 KB

With Boost Controller - BOV referenced off intake manifold so it see vacuum and boost. WG and Boost Controller are reference before TB so they only sees boost (no vacuum). Boost Controller output feeds top of WG.

Name:  wginstall.jpg
Views: 17321
Size:  36.2 KB

Rick
Old 09-16-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Hemi has a tee off the vacuum(brake booster) line for the 2 bar MAP sensor that is for the stand alone pc, then another 2 bar for the boost gauge, then for the hoobs switch for the high/low on the oil pump, then the BOV and also one for the WG. It also had one for another hopps switch for the 9th injector and another one for the meth injection, lol.

I have read on here that you don't want the WG to read vacuum though as it wears the diafram. I used to have the WG hooked to the compressor cover on the turbo but recently changed it to the brake booster.

Is it ok to reference the WG from a vacumm source?

Quick Reply: vaccuum or boost hose hookup for WG and BOV