Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

fix-it man: The prototype is coming in tomorrow. We wont know cost until our first batch arrives.

Its as tucked up as dual 3" tubing really can be. The rear exit kit is actually adjustable up/down as it goes over the axle specifically for that reason. My truck was the prototype truck and its 4wd lowered a 2"/4" with plenty of clearance. Hard to say with a 4"/6". I know the suv's have different hanger points, but it might work fitment wise not sure.

Thanks
Sean
Old 09-01-2016, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
fix-it man: The prototype is coming in tomorrow. We wont know cost until our first batch arrives.

Its as tucked up as dual 3" tubing really can be. The rear exit kit is actually adjustable up/down as it goes over the axle specifically for that reason. My truck was the prototype truck and its 4wd lowered a 2"/4" with plenty of clearance. Hard to say with a 4"/6". I know the suv's have different hanger points, but it might work fitment wise not sure.

Thanks
Sean
And you plan on posting pictures, yes?
Old 09-01-2016, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks
Sean
Hey Sean, ill test it on my yukon for ya!!
Old 09-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks
Sean
Excited to see some pics of the over axle setup. I go to school in Fresno and would love to see and hear it in person if that isn't a problem.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks
Sean
Hi Sean,

Sounds like it'll work. I don't mind moving a hanger or two.
Do you know the physical dimensions of the muffler available with the over the axle kit? Make of muffler to?

I'm also excited to see some snap shots of the finished pieces

Thanks
Old 09-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor

Our shipment hasn't come in today yet. I will snap some pics for you guys when it does.

Sean
Old 09-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds good to me

Thanks
Old 09-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Do you have any kits in stock as of right now? If not was just wondering when the eta is for them?
Old 09-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor

Just arrived, here is a pic of the rear exit prototype. Everything will look the same except the natural steel will be polished as well. If everything fits good we should have the rear exit kit available by December or January.

Thanks
Sean

Old 09-06-2016, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm all over that! That looks great!

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..