Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

MagnaFlow sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MagnaFlow sound

I recently got a catback kit from magnaflow, it was very easy to install, but im realy unhappy with the sound, not sure if i got a bunk system or what? any one else have problems with the magnaflow catback sound?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:26 AM
TECH Junkie

I have heard alot of magnaflow systems and they all sounded good to me.
What does yours sound like?Can you get some audio and post it up so we can hear it to give an honest opinion on your setup?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:28 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I love mine, but it isnt exactly a factory cat back eigther. I have LT's off road Y to a cut out then through a Dynomax Bullet then my Magnaflow. Sounds good though
Old 04-27-2006, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

Give it a little time...
Old 04-27-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh its broken in, i have gone through the smell period already, its been about 4 weeks on the truck now. I do plan on long tubes and a off road y later. and i dont think i can get a sound clip, im not the computer savey
Old 04-27-2006, 10:34 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahahahaha the typcial crappy sound you get from a magnaflow. ppl love them and love how they are straight thru and how they claim such large gains over a chamberd muffler. to me they sound just like a cheap *** turbo muffler. same design just different name tag
Old 04-27-2006, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

What do you have? A flowmaster?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:47 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let me guess youre going to say the same typical answer that everyone else trys to say. the test that many ppl use was with a big block truck muffler not a actual muffer they used on mustangs at the time of the test. the test ppl claim and live by was one that was done years ago for a mustang mag shootout. i knwo cause i have the mag that it came out of and even hat muffler didnt flow dead last. it was low mid group but now flowmaster has a lot more varitations of mufflers out there that actually flow well. until someoen can show me actual proof then all other posts can be shoved up the *** of the person trying to speak them down.

and yes i have a super 40 and willing to put it up against your gibson or others if needed.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quik
let me guess youre going to say the same typical answer that everyone else trys to say. the test that many ppl use was with a big block truck muffler not a actual muffer they used on mustangs at the time of the test. the test ppl claim and live by was one that was done years ago for a mustang mag shootout. i knwo cause i have the mag that it came out of and even hat muffler didnt flow dead last. it was low mid group but now flowmaster has a lot more varitations of mufflers out there that actually flow well. until someoen can show me actual proof then all other posts can be shoved up the *** of the person trying to speak them down.

and yes i have a super 40 and willing to put it up against your gibson or others if needed.
This is a good post I'd like to see a CFM chart from a flow bench too. I also am running the Delta 40 and hearing the sound file from Magnaflow site I'm not impressed, But I'm not putting them down cause different combo's can make different sounds. I think the best sound I've heard from a site is Corsa. So does anybody have flow test charts?
Old 04-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Quik
hahahahaha the typcial crappy sound you get from a magnaflow. ppl love them and love how they are straight thru and how they claim such large gains over a chamberd muffler. to me they sound just like a cheap *** turbo muffler. same design just different name tag
Thank you

Quick Reply: MagnaFlow sound