Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

BIG NEWS... the 402 H2 is going with Turbo Technology Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG NEWS... the 402 H2 is going with Turbo Technology Inc.

Yep... its true. The RADIX is going up for sale and a turbo set up has been tapped to feed the extra cubic inches. The RADIX has done some very impressive work for me and I highly recommend it on anything up to a 6 liter. But a 402 just needs more in my opinion.

So, no one offers a good turbo set up for a H2. What will we do I asked? We can't make our own. I don't have the resources and skill to engineer my own kit. Most of the truck turbo shops are too far away for prototyping. As the truck is an H2, I'm not willing to compromise future offroad potential or onroad reliability with a STS kit.

So the final answer is to join some very fast company with a Turbo Technology Inc. set up. There are some very fast Turbo Technology Inc. cars running out there right now so I know I'm in good hands. Here are some prominent LS1Tech examples:

Moderator Ryan K's Camaro running 10.85 at 129 (on a T-76 street kit!)
Moderator Mighty Mouse's Formula running a 9.92 at 148

I'm very excited about getting this kit together. It looks like we'll be building it in January.

So I'll have a little time to run the 402 N/A for comparison and maybe finish a side project I've been tinkering with.

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 12-10-2005 at 05:23 PM. Reason: non sponsor link
Old 12-10-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, your H2 is gonna give you nothing but smiles(a few people may **** themselves)
Good luck on your project CHarris!
Old 12-10-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

Welcome to the dark side. LOL

Sounds like a very impressive project and keep us informed for sure.

Onward and upward.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys... it's the right choice. No question about it.

Honestly... I really wish I could have made one more pass with the new rebuilt tranny and the Yank 3000. That last night truck felt like a monster. After daily driving it for months it actually felt like a totally different truck!
Old 12-10-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHarris
Thanks guys... it's the right choice. No question about it.

Honestly... I really wish I could have made one more pass with the new rebuilt tranny and the Yank 3000. That last night truck felt like a monster. After daily driving it for months it actually felt like a totally different truck!
Going from a roots to a turbo was the best decision I ever made. The s/c was a blast, but the 1st time I hit the gas with the turbo even with the lag, this was me . It may take you a while to get the turbo set up right, but once you do it will be crazy fast. Alot of coupled with
Old 12-10-2005, 01:42 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on the decision Any talk about what size turbo would be appropriate for the H2? Are you looking for a responsive setup or more peak power orientated?
Old 12-10-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you f'n, mother fugger, lol. just when i thought i was gonna be able to stay ahead of you in the 1/4. God damn it. ok, that's it. I'm getting the new whipple tuner kit. I'll sell my kid if i have to
Old 12-10-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not setting a goal of going crazy fast. I just want a fast and reliable set-up. That's why I went forged 402 and with AFR heads. That 3/4" deck is much better than a worked stock casting. I should be able to reach the low 13.0's and maybe even a 12.9 without too much sacrifice. It's not a race H2... it just a kick *** all around truck

We're talking about a T76. I don't need 1000 hp... not yet anyway...lol
Old 12-10-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet! I'd really like to do the swap as well. Damn, I wanted a turbo from the start but no one made a bolt on kit. Well, I'm way past worrying about a bolt on kit anymore. That thing is going to be a monster!
Old 12-10-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
you f'n, mother fugger, lol. just when i thought i was gonna be able to stay ahead of you in the 1/4. God damn it. ok, that's it. I'm getting the new whipple tuner kit. I'll sell my kid if i have to

What was I supposed to do... you had me covered by a lot... LOL

I'm looking to land well into the 500+ rwhp category with the H2. Not real easy to do considering the LPE TT H2 makes about 750 at the engine and puts out 522 or so RWHP.

Quick Reply: BIG NEWS... the 402 H2 is going with Turbo Technology Inc.