Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Sad Sad Sad Day In Maine!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:28 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Sad Sad Sad Day In Maine!

well today i said good bye to my truck (wipes tears) my wife and kids and I was driving down I295 and my truck started smoking and i thought oh no i blew a seal or something. so the wife puts the truck in nutruel and cuts off the eng and whips hard over to the side of the interstate. i pop the hood to see whats wrong and my budy runs up and says "get the **** out its on fire" so my wife grabs the kids i grab all the electronics ie computer and such. we call 911 and about 15 minutes later they show up and put out the fire.. truck is gone. one good thing. i have a tool box in the bed where i keep everthing like wife's purse and diaper bag and boy's football gear and such. basically everything so it don't cluder up the truck. the tool box was in peferct shape no fire no water just clean and dry. my hpt box is fried hope i can get some hook up on that. its just a sad sad day for me today. i've pour my heart soul and blood into this truck and it all went up in flames. i aint scared to amit i cried like a baby. it really sucks. in the past 4 hrs i've said "its in the tool box" or "GET IN THE TRUCK KIDS" a dozen time lol's it gona be hard to get use to.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that man, any word on how the fire started?

Originally Posted by 4.8T
so my wife grabs the kids i grab all the electronics ie computer and such.
And I hate to laugh about something as serious as this, but that part was hilarious!
Old 08-19-2006, 12:53 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks....I had my alternator light up awhile back, luckily someone close by had a Gatorade and came and dumped it on there and put the fire out. Now I carry a fire extinguisher with me all the time.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Im really sorry to hear that man! I know it suck but just think, after insurance takes care of it, it will give you a perfect opportunity to upgrade to and even bigger and better project!

It still sucks though man but im glad to hear everyone was ok!
Old 08-19-2006, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

Thats blows. Hope the ins. co. doesnt screw you when it comes time for settlement.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar mishap this spring in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately I had a fire extingusher in the truck and there was only minor damage. I always have an extingusher it the truck now. Glad everyone was OK.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:01 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have no clue what happen. never lost power we were doing 65mph down the road. tcc was in lock up and all the sudden SMOKE but it smelled bad of tranny fluid and i poped the hood and my budy grabbed some budlight and when i poped the hood open the fire was on the back side of the eng mostly comming fram the trans. so the bud light wasn't gonna work. as far as the electonics part it was kinda funny but all our memories are on the lap top from when our baby girl was born till now. so it is a VERY important piece of equipment. but it was funny. i open the door to kid my son on my side and he was being flung (one handed mind you) across the truck by his mom. so i said screw it i got the other stuff. i will be buying a fire extingisher on pay day for the car. speaking of car in the middle of all the burnt ash on top of the tranny hump i find my car and house keys. the car key looked untouch lol it has plastic at the top like our truck keys and it wasn't even the least bit burnt. now that is some ****.

so when are the 07's due? i got to get ohold of the bank and make sure i got gap insurance cause i forgot.

thanks everyone.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man that really sucks. I feel for ya man. I will be watching the news and see if they mention anything about a vehicle on fire on the interstate. Usually around here just about anything makes the news. I hope everything goes well with your insurance.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:23 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope everything goes well and at least you and your family were not hurt.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

That sucks. At least everyone got out unhurt.

Quick Reply: Sad Sad Sad Day In Maine!