Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Wideband shootout - 9 sensors tested

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 07:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dynojets are the only one we will sell. LC-1 keep on us. Have a bunch of screwed up ones. Haven't tried the FAST yet.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:26 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Erm... I hate to get all scientifically pissy but that test is essentially meaningless -- it's an advertising piece except for the "ease of use" and other subjective measures...

There are no controls involved at all here -- yeah, I did read about the two test gasses, but c'mon, he just held the sensor in front of the valve in a room full of room temperature air... Did he hold each sensor in exactly the same place and at the same angle? Were the sensors heated? Those two factors will make a huuge difference in an o2 sensors readings...

On the latency thing, I've played with both innovative and PLX devices -- both have a sensitivity setting that helps you get useful data. Both of these settings directly control latency... were all set to the same sensitivity? The article doesn't say, but my experiences with an LM-1 and a PLX lead me to believe that they weren't.

heh -- and in further reading, I see these points have already been raised...
Old 07-04-2007, 09:28 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dewmanshu

Dew -- you should add a link back to this thread for all the responses from the companies, etc.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:31 AM
11 Second Truck Club

lc-1 works like a champ if they are grounded right!
they just have shitty directions.
they are finiky b/c of people not gounding them right.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:19 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm realy glad you e-mailed Dyno jet Dewey, I'm a huge fan of their wide band. I have used mine with no problems sence I got my STS kit over three years ago, after I read this ardical I was very disapointed too.
BTW I thought you knew about the sensitivity, I lowered mine until the gauge move too much and then backed it off some....
Old 07-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Dew -- you should add a link back to this thread for all the responses from the companies, etc.
Yeah, I pulled the trigger to quickly, dynojet really made me feel alot better about it all. If enough people bitch, I'll kill the sticky too . This thread is linked for now.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
lc-1 works like a champ if they are grounded right!
they just have shitty directions.
they are finiky b/c of people not gounding them right.

I have to agree one hunred percent. My first LC-1 crapped out on me with in 2 weeks of hooking it up. I tried to hook it up somewhat portable and grounded it through the cigarette lighter plug. Innovate warrantied it. I installed the new one permanent and grounded to the engine. I am using in place of the stock narrowband and as a wideband w/ gauge in my DD. Been working great since October.

Great find on the article. I dunno bout those tests either. Most magazine articles are just propaganda anyway.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Hello Dave

Back from the dead...

I learned today by someone that was at the test that the "shootout" was sponsored by Innovate... Hardly an unbiased test.

I was told in not-so-many-words to take the results with a grain of salt and not to worry about my PLX's lower score.

Were I able to go back to my PLX purchase, I would have spent a little bit more on an NGK AFX controller and purchased an NTK sensor instead of the Bosch that most of the others run.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Really shitty, i'd really like to see innovative's "marketing" response to them sponsoring that. Unfortunately, but fortunately as well...the ease of the setup shoud be considred as well. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to wire these things. It's not rocket science, eerrr shouldn't be anyway.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
You shouldn't have to go out of your way to wire these things. It's not rocket science, eerrr shouldn't be anyway.
I totally agree. My AEM is a no brainer to wire as well as my PLX. I had 2 LC-1's analog output crap out and the second one didn't work the first time I hooked it although taking extra special care to not mess it up too. I sent mine back, they warrantied it, sent me a new one that I received a month later and it didn't work. It is collecting dust now. I was held up a month tuning to just receive another bad unit. Innovate will never get another dime from me if I can help it.

Quick Reply: Wideband shootout - 9 sensors tested