Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

2006 duramax gets tougher

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005 | 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my room mate just got one and his is alot more powerful than his lly it drives 100 x 's better to have 33'' mud dawgs on 16 x 12 inch rims and have a 6 inch lift on the way. for the 35'' procomp xterrains in the closet.
Old 12-09-2005 | 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by diehardchevy
i heard rumors of a 8 cylinder block out of cummins.
Never gonna happen, Cummins has never made a 8 cylinder and never will.. They do have programming however for the 07 Cummins that will make 385 hp and 700 lb/ft of torque on the new CR engine. The 8.0 CR engine will boast almost 460 hp and near 900 lb/ft of torque for medium duties..
Old 12-10-2005 | 10:04 AM
Teching In

Default Yes they did!!

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
Never gonna happen, Cummins has never made a 8 cylinder and never will.. They do have programming however for the 07 Cummins that will make 385 hp and 700 lb/ft of torque on the new CR engine. The 8.0 CR engine will boast almost 460 hp and near 900 lb/ft of torque for medium duties..
Hey,

Just found this site, and love it. ( Heard about it over at The DieselPlace. )

Anyway, Cummapart did make a V8, the V8 904, which was used in tractors, ( Versatile, Case,. etc ) In the 4wd tractors.

Also, don't forget the Ford 6.0L with those nasty 2 piece Aluminum & Cast iron cylinder heads.

Take care,

Will
Old 12-10-2005 | 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA

i agree, cummins only knows one engine, inline 6.
Old 01-07-2006 | 11:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1bad01dmax
Bla bla bla. Ever hear of any problems with dmax heads? NO!!!
Actually yeah, several cracked heads...
Old 01-08-2006 | 08:10 AM
TECH Junkie

You guys all talk power comparison. I think Ford is way a head of the game.
Ford delayed their new body style, interior change, and power package on the 3/4 & 1 ton trucks to place their selves back on the top of the power pedestal. Ford will supossedly wait until GM & Dodge brings their "guns" to table first, then top both of them.
I see everyone compares the engines, but never the entire truck.
Ford has THE toughest frame, suspension, and body structure of the big three.
Even the gauge of the body steel is thicker than the others. I want to say GM's steel is the thinnest of the three.
GM has been way behind in this desiel war for a long time. It's going to be hard for them to come back and ever outsell Dodge or Ford.
GM needs to change their styling. THEY NEED a tougher looking 3/4 & 1 ton truck. They also need to strengthen their frame and use thicker or stronger body steel. The interior needs to be changed out as well.
Dodge looks good, frame & body strength is better than GM's but doesn't top Fords, interior is up-to-date. I think Dodge may loose a lot of customers if Cummins is taken away for a Mercedez desiel. That's loosing it's American roots.
Ford needs to get rid of the old out dated interior already. Bump up the power a bit more, give better fuel miliage, and that's it.
Guess we will see what will happen in the next two years.

Jim
Old 01-10-2006 | 06:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PooterWS6
Yeah maybe one here and there but certainly it's not a big issue, and it's not to be worried about. It's VERY uncommon.
Old 01-10-2006 | 08:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PooterWS6

i work for a chevy dealer and have long before the max came out. i've never seen a problem with cracking on one yet and to date we've only done one set of head gaskets. this isn't bad considering trucks are our main sales.
Old 01-10-2006 | 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
You guys all talk power comparison. I think Ford is way a head of the game.
Ford delayed their new body style, interior change, and power package on the 3/4 & 1 ton trucks to place their selves back on the top of the power pedestal. Ford will supossedly wait until GM & Dodge brings their "guns" to table first, then top both of them.
I see everyone compares the engines, but never the entire truck.
Ford has THE toughest frame, suspension, and body structure of the big three.
Even the gauge of the body steel is thicker than the others. I want to say GM's steel is the thinnest of the three.
GM has been way behind in this desiel war for a long time. It's going to be hard for them to come back and ever outsell Dodge or Ford.
GM needs to change their styling. THEY NEED a tougher looking 3/4 & 1 ton truck. They also need to strengthen their frame and use thicker or stronger body steel. The interior needs to be changed out as well.
Dodge looks good, frame & body strength is better than GM's but doesn't top Fords, interior is up-to-date. I think Dodge may loose a lot of customers if Cummins is taken away for a Mercedez desiel. That's loosing it's American roots.
Ford needs to get rid of the old out dated interior already. Bump up the power a bit more, give better fuel miliage, and that's it.
Guess we will see what will happen in the next two years.

Jim

The Benz diesel has logged millions upon millions of miles in commericial applications. Freightliner is one of the bestselling haul trucks on the road today. I see no reason the introduction of the Mercedes diesel will change things at all. Not that I am ragging on Cummins, their engines are more than great. But sometimes things change for the better and not so much for the worse...You never know what to expect. BTW- no one cares where their diesel engine comes from as long as it is somewhat affordable, kicks everything's ***, lasts forever (or at least until you trade it off), and gets good fuel economy while doing it.

Good call on most everything else. I drive a HD but love Ford.
Old 01-10-2006 | 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll let you know, I work for Freightliner, and I absolutely hate the MBE engines.. The way they hide all the accessories behind the frame with those engines.. And to make things worse- they plan to replace the Detroit Series 600 Engines with the MBE4000 engine..

Quick Reply: 2006 duramax gets tougher