Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

2011 6.6 tuning and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered it. Will post results when I get it, which won't be for another 3 weeks because we are going out of town and don't want to be messing with a new mod while we are 4 hours from home.

From what I understand, this is just a pressure box, which will increase fuel and boost, so it's very basic, but gets the job done. Uses quick connects and can be uninstalled in minutes if you want to take it off. A GM scan tool will not detect the device either, but with the hood up and doing a visual inspection, they will see it. Still not sure if the scan tool will pick up the change in fuel delivery and boost if the device has been removed though.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have a friend who has a 2010 6.6 with the edge attitude with more juice (i believe thats the name) and it woke his truck up like crazy
Old 09-15-2011, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

edge juice with attitude
Old 09-15-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you own any duramax besides the 2011 LML, you will be doing yourself a disservice if you do not invest in EFI Live. Your truck will run a thousand times better than any boxed tuner/downloader. Granted, this is determined by WHO can tune it using EFI Live. But there are tons of talented individuals that can build you some extemely impressive tunes.

And fyi, EFI Live is not (and supposedly wont be anytime soon) supported for the LML.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

If you want the most out of that thing, get rid of the entire exhaust and get a h&s minimax. Your adding fuel with a power puck which means your filling the dpf up faster and causing it to regen more often. It takes a lot of fuel to burn out the dpf. I have done quite a few of the dodge 6.7's and one 08 duramax. The results just make the truck better all around. Plus you have def fluid which is another expense every oil change. If I had the needs for a diesel, that exhaust would be the first to go.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by raptor700rnut
If you want the most out of that thing, get rid of the entire exhaust and get a h&s minimax. Your adding fuel with a power puck which means your filling the dpf up faster and causing it to regen more often. It takes a lot of fuel to burn out the dpf. I have done quite a few of the dodge 6.7's and one 08 duramax. The results just make the truck better all around. Plus you have def fluid which is another expense every oil change. If I had the needs for a diesel, that exhaust would be the first to go.
Your thoughts are a bit scattered and had a little trouble understanding.

Tuning for the moment is out of the question, so exhaust is staying stock too.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

What exactly did you not understand? I'm not saying that in a rude way. The exhaust system under your truck can be a thorn in a diesel owners side. I'm just saying adding more power with your stock exhaust could make trouble for you later down the road.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Diablo predator will produce zero smoke on a LML dmax. I put one on about 2 months ago, made a solid 400rwhp. Stock was right at 360. Little better MPG, and one plug to connect in series with, 2 10 or 12mm bolts that hold the heat shield onto the fuel rail on drivers side.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Launching!

the ONLY way to get more sound out of an LML is to remove the DPF, if you do a DPF back exhaust it is completely worthless. Also on the LML's ANY tuner you use leaves a "footprint" that can be read by the dealer thus voiding your warranty. just something to think about.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

If anyone has any questions regarding duramax tuning including the LML's; PM me Ive been doing my own custom tuning for a few years now, and im not new at it

Quick Reply: 2011 6.6 tuning and exhaust