Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

2013 LML Performance Options and Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U should be able to delete them still
Old 08-11-2013, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
So since I already have efi if I buy another lmm will I be able to delete the dpf or are all new updates removing that ability from the older trucks too?

You should be good to go on the LMM still. I was referring to the LML's. The EPA is really serious about keeping all the emissions nonsense on the new diesels and putting pressure on the tuning companies or pay huge fines or possibly be put out of business.

Whether or not this holds truth who knows, just what I have heard and read. This was supposedly the reason that Hptuners removed the DPF delete stuff from their software as well, pissed off a lot of diesel/Hptuners owners. But hey I mean if they are catching heat and being threatend with huge fines or worse what can they do. I still have an older beta version of hp that can remove DPF etc...
Old 08-19-2013, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

From what I've read on EFI live's forum, DON'T update and you can still delete DPF on future tunes. If you're DPF is deleted already then it doesn't matter. I'd create a few tunes with it, test them out with DPF deleted then just update once I felt comfortable.

I don't have a duramax yet, maybe someday in the future, but I'm extremely curious as to how they dictate whether or not you're a US based customer or International??? Both IP address and VIN registration location were claimed not to be the way.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Big News LML EFI Tuning Support - Duramax Diesels Forum

Read this thread guys.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Man Motor club

Duramax Diesels Forum - View Single Post - Big News LML EFI Tuning Support

Originally Posted by quinton
They won't be able to do dpf/DEF delete though
Originally Posted by EFI Support
Yes we will. It's legal to DPF in certain regions. Our test truck lives 20 mins from us, and won't run unless we remove emissions equipment and we won't breach any local laws in removing all that equipment either.

What we won't do is blatantly breach USA federal law. Our and your opinions on the laws and law makers are irrelevant for this discussion, we simply need to be good corporate citizens and comply. Should you wish to have access to these parameters in the USA, either demonstrate your vehicle complies with current regulations, or lobby the relevant authority.

Cheers
Cindy

Originally Posted by gmduramax
From my understanding. EFI Live doesn't offer deletes to people who live in the US if your truck is registered. What people are too dumb to understand is that if they want deletes that they live in Canada From my understanding. EFI Live doesn't offer deletes to people who live in the US if your truck is registered. What people are too dumb to understand is that if they want deletes that they live in Canada From my understanding. EFI Live doesn't offer deletes to people who live in the US if your truck is registered. What people are too dumb to understand is that if they want deletes that they live in Canada
Old 09-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Unless you live in Canada good luck getting full delete kits, duramaxtuner wont sell them in the states idk about Bobo. But Bobo just got a diesel cruze and hes tuning that now should be pretty sweet when hes done
Old 02-18-2014, 06:14 AM
14 Second Truck Club

I have my LML deleted with EFI from MotorOps. I love it. I wouldn't pay the H&S prices.