Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

8.1L Long tubes 02-07 available

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question There shouldn't be a bit a difference?

SW,

I don't think there is a bit of difference between the 01-02's or that matter up to 06. Every part that I've encountered is the same between the model years. Perhaps you should send me a set and I'll verify it for you , even do a loooong term durability test......

That way, you'd at least know that it works. Lots of 01 guys on here.

I've got shorty JBA's on here and we could do a comparo on the dyno pre a post to see what they add to the mix.

Whatcha think?
Doc
Old 06-19-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I emailed you guys direct from your website and never got a reply
Old 06-21-2010, 06:38 AM
FormerVendor

Doc, i'll ask but i doubt they will go for it lol

Ed- I do apologize if no one got back to you. That email is filled everyday and we do our best to get back to everyone. I sincerely apologize for that. Feel free to email me direct or ask on here! Thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Teching In

All you can do is ask... Let me know.
Doc
Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Any idea on what the power gain is with these headers?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stainless Works
Doc, i'll ask but i doubt they will go for it lol

Ed- I do apologize if no one got back to you. That email is filled everyday and we do our best to get back to everyone. I sincerely apologize for that. Feel free to email me direct or ask on here! Thanks
Awesome well maybe i can get my question answered. See the truck in my avatar that has an 8.1. I want a set of your headers but the driver side one that bends 90 degrees to go to the passenger side can you make a set with out that damn bend

More about the truck

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/showthr...Silverado-SCSB
Old 07-02-2010, 07:26 AM
FormerVendor

Ed-

I can make them that way, but would need the truck to make them on. It would essentially be a one off header specifically for your truck. One off headers take approximately 2-3 weeks ad cost $2400 for prototyping, r&d and final product, we will make them however you want them
Old 07-02-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

So to not put that bend in

Is an additonal 1500 dollars
Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 AM
FormerVendor

Yes Ed because we then would be making a one off header. We would have to make it bend somewhere to have the collector go towards the back. In order to do this you are asking me to re-invest man hours and prototyping materials to make the tubes re-line up after taking the bend out. As a manufacturer we can't do that everytime someone wanted a one off custom piece. We would go broke. You wouldn't call GM and ask for something special for one truck would you? There is alot more that goes into it than you think. If you don't think so then why havn't you bought a set and cut the bend out yourself???
Old 07-06-2010, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

Because I figured takeing the bend program and deleteing the 90 degree bend out of it wouldnt be extremely hard. And since you already make these headers to order anyhow. I would ask the source. But since every one else that makes long tube headers, makes both there headers very similar from left to right. Including if i remember correctly every other set on your site I think these are the only ones that got this odd ball bend setup. And yes I ask for custom stuff. Because everything I have ever built has never been normal kinda like these headers.

Quick Reply: 8.1L Long tubes 02-07 available