Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

LMM DPF delete setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default LMM DPF delete setup

I'm looking for my brothers 08 GMC 4x4 2500HD. It's approaching 100K and he's wanting to do away with the DPF system so it doesnt plug up and cause problems down the road. It's primarily a farm use truck. Pulls his tractors and boat, and makes the occasional toad trip. He doesn't want it loud at all, or fast (as odd as that seems to us) it's got plenty of power bone stock to do what he wants to do. I've been looking at the electronics available and it seems that the Quadzilla and the Edge tuners are the most popular. A dash readout and monitor isn't needed for his use. Were looking for the best mpg, safest tuning, and provisions for DPF deleting. I know there's plenty of people out there with more info and knowledge on this than me.

Were also wanting to do a 4" turbo-back exhaust system. Just aluminized, no big funky tip, pretty quiet, etc... I've found a few for less than $300 which is what were looking for... Any suggestions on any of these?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like he is in the same boat I'm in. I use the truck as a truck, no racing. I wanted a dead reliable setup that wasn't loud. I ended up with the quadzilla tuner on the stock no dpf tune with the egr blocked. I added a 4" MBRP exhaust and have been running it for 40000 miles. Its a good setup, a little loud for my taste sometimes and I am running the MBRP muffler. If I was to do it again I would probably get a hushpower muffler. The truck does feel a little better even with just the emmissions BS removed.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

I found this exhaust system, it seems like what were looking for and if it doesn't sound quite right we can always add or change mufflers I guess...

http://www.tvdiesel.com/diamondeye01...ust-1-1-1.aspx

Have you played with the Quadzilla tuner much? How do you like it? Any decent mileage gains?
Old 05-26-2011, 04:51 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont waste time with the Quadzilla or Edge,

Call PPE ( Pacific Performance Engineering, in California.)

They have absolutley the best handheld tuning.

They can also hook you up with a DPF Delete exhaust,

You will need to take care of the DTC codes you will get once you delete the DPF, but their tuner will address that.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Before you delete it i would check on the local laws, In va i was told it can be a major fine like if you took the cats off a car...

PPE is awesome for a d max... they power gains they get are retarded...
Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

its a major FEDERAL fine LOL...

its registered as a farm use truck in an extremely rural county in TX, the laws do still apply but are a little different for emmissions.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey buddy, I'll be in The Woodlands in a couple weeks, we found a place and moving stuff down starting next week. I can take care of the tuning on his truck with EFIlive it you like.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

An efi live tune would be ideal, IMO. I do like being able to put it back to stock if needed and check codes wherever as well. The quad is a cheap option to do a basic DPF delete. I know that EFI, PPE, and others make more power, but I wasn't after that and I don't think the OP was either. I have played with it a little, but I don't have gauges and didn't want to push anything. I am avg 17-18mpg over entire tanks with slightly larger tires, egr blocked, and the quad set at stock no DPF. I am pretty happy so far. I only paid $450 for the whole setup and I feel for what I use the truck for (Farm use) the quad was the best bang for the buck.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

EFI live and PPE are definitely the best options for a dura.

also as far as dpf deletes go, alot of guys just select a turbo back for an LBZ and bolt it up.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i was going to suggest the PPE or EFI as well. Regardless this crap is a PIA! but if you go through PPE you will def have quality work no doubt. But EFI is good as well. i know a lot people have had a lot of good luck out using the EFI and its cheaper also. good luck i said it once i will say it again DPF is a PIA and def against the current law but well worth it.

Quick Reply: LMM DPF delete setup