Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

My new 2010 LMM 2500

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CC05
I'm just jealous that gas tuning isn't capable of that.
If a gas trucks came stock with a turbo, it would be,

Nice truck!!!

I just spent last weekend with Zack from Starlight Diesel learning the in's and out's of EFILive diesel tuning for both Duramax and Cummins. It's a service I will be offering.

I know I love my Dmax and even with the conservative DSP5 tune I have on it now, its a blast to drive.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just can't go wrong with an lmm....few things you need to do ASAP to keep it happy and living a long and healthy life.

Pcv re route...these trucks route the Pcv to the turbo inlet, and it floods the turbo system and engine with oily mist from the crank case. Re route it to the fender well or other preferred place. Cheap and easy.

Egr block plate...must have. When making any considerable amount of boost, its very possible and probable that you will push past the egr even if it's turned off and pressurize the system spewing coolant into the intake tract. Not good. Duramax tuner has them for 10 dollars right now. Takes about an hour and some choice curse words.

Delete the DPF, muffler and converter. These engines are all about exhaust gas temps, and those pieces only add to the temps. Thes trucks aren't very loud with full exhaust straigh pipe. Your truck will thank you.

Lift pump....the dmax platform has the fuel pump on the engine. There is no pump to help it keep a steady flow of fuel. When running any measurable amount of power, a lift pump is needed. Even though it may seem ok at first, you are taxing the cp3 pump and eventually it will cost you big bucks to fix the long term damage. Just a small high volume low pressure inline pump works fine. Kennedy diesel has them for around 150. They take an afternoon to install but well worth it. Plus all my trucks have picked up mpg from this as well.

Don't buy a cold air filter kit. Worthless. Go to ppe website and hey show you how to modify your stock airbox to accommodate your trucks power, and more mpg and less egt.

I would shim the fprv as well. All mine have been plugged but many peoe have great luck shimming them if you don't feel the need to plug. Takes about an hour to do, not bad at all.

Do those things and you will have a happy diesel that gets great mileage and doesn't leave you stranded.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:04 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Truck
Just can't go wrong with an lmm....few things you need to do ASAP to keep it happy and living a long and healthy life.

Pcv re route...these trucks route the Pcv to the turbo inlet, and it floods the turbo system and engine with oily mist from the crank case. Re route it to the fender well or other preferred place. Cheap and easy.

Egr block plate...must have. When making any considerable amount of boost, its very possible and probable that you will push past the egr even if it's turned off and pressurize the system spewing coolant into the intake tract. Not good. Duramax tuner has them for 10 dollars right now. Takes about an hour and some choice curse words.

Delete the DPF, muffler and converter. These engines are all about exhaust gas temps, and those pieces only add to the temps. Thes trucks aren't very loud with full exhaust straigh pipe. Your truck will thank you.

Lift pump....the dmax platform has the fuel pump on the engine. There is no pump to help it keep a steady flow of fuel. When running any measurable amount of power, a lift pump is needed. Even though it may seem ok at first, you are taxing the cp3 pump and eventually it will cost you big bucks to fix the long term damage. Just a small high volume low pressure inline pump works fine. Kennedy diesel has them for around 150. They take an afternoon to install but well worth it. Plus all my trucks have picked up mpg from this as well.

Don't buy a cold air filter kit. Worthless. Go to ppe website and hey show you how to modify your stock airbox to accommodate your trucks power, and more mpg and less egt.

I would shim the fprv as well. All mine have been plugged but many peoe have great luck shimming them if you don't feel the need to plug. Takes about an hour to do, not bad at all.

Do those things and you will have a happy diesel that gets great mileage and doesn't leave you stranded.
Very Very Well said.

But i dont reccomend shimming the fuel rail just yet. Wait to see if you have problems holding rail pressure first.

I have shimmed my rail and actually now have a PPE race valve( which is basically a plug) and im having troubles with 0087's ( Low rail pressure) Never had a problem till i shimmed my FPRV. These fuel rails are very sensitive , they run around 26,000 + psi !!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dmax is the way to go. I love mine, poor gas truck has just been sitting. Id love to replace it with another dmax to haul my LMM around lol. Very sharp looking truck sir!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice rig man! I can't make up my mind to go new or LBZ next, part of me wants a MC CTD too for room for the (3)boys.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
Nice rig man! I can't make up my mind to go new or LBZ next, part of me wants a MC CTD too for room for the (3)boys.
If you can deal with the super short bed the new 2010s are nice.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
If you can deal with the super short bed the new 2010s are nice.
In reference to the MC CTD or DMAX? I've checked out the the CC DMAX's and a real nice '09 MC CTD, same price tag of both... both very nice rigs. Both have stumpy beds, but I really don't NEED a long bed.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

damn you! that is a sick truck!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
In reference to the MC CTD or DMAX? I've checked out the the CC DMAX's and a real nice '09 MC CTD, same price tag of both... both very nice rigs. Both have stumpy beds, but I really don't NEED a long bed.
The megacab, it has a 5.5' bed as opposed to the normal short bed that is 6.5'. With that short of a bed you can't run any decent sized toolbox or fit an atv in it. If you can deal with that check out the 2010 dodges they're the new design and are way nicer than the 09 and older. I'd recommend an lmm since you can get them back to 07 and clean ones can be found for mid 20s if you search hard enough and talk them down.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, that is short... that won't fly

Quick Reply: My new 2010 LMM 2500