Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

New record for the D-max guys

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW - that definately was not the duramax that ran me on the way home yesterday. Awesome.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
Same class?!... HA!! Diesel classifications are so F-ed up.. 8 cylinders and .7 more litres and they still can hang with a rinky dink 6-banger..
So you think it is fair to compare the Cummins powered rails at 2,500 pounds and the tube trucks at 3,500 pounds to the Pro-Street class Duramax at 5,900 pounds? Like he said, comparing the Pro-Street Cummins trucks to the Pro-Street Duramax you are looking at a half second delta.

The Cummins is badass no doubt but gimme a break on your goat colored glasses....
Old 08-29-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, Im just saying that in these dyno event and drag races, normally you have a single power adder, dual power adder and triple power adder classes... Most of these DMax's waste the Cummins with stacked boxes and nitrous, as apposed to a Cummins with injectors, turbo, stacked boxes and nitrous- nearly twice as many mods..
Im just saying there is realy no good to compare these diesels.. Its like comparing Indy to Nascar is a way..
Old 08-29-2006, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

go dodge...but i may be partial however... a d'max did school me the other day, it's not fair that you guys can get **** loads of horsepower from an exhaust and a chip...gas guys have to work for it lol.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

something else to add to the cummins/everyone else discussion, the cummins have been around alot longer than the other diesels, they have more research/development behind them. I like the cummins, dont get me wrong, but they still sound like a six cylinder... More than enough reason IMO to buy a d-max/powerstroke. Im sure i will catch some **** for this, but oh well.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 360demonRT
go dodge...but i may be partial however... a d'max did school me the other day, it's not fair that you guys can get **** loads of horsepower from an exhaust and a chip...gas guys have to work for it lol.

That's only because the gas engines don't come with turbo's on them.

I am impressed with how much the stock D'max holds up to. We have a diesel racing class up here. The Max's clean up just about every week. When you aren't comparing trucks made specificly to drag race, it always seems to be the Max coming out on top.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zippy
That's only because the gas engines don't come with turbo's on them.
Its amazing how easy adding some psi and some fuel is on the diesels. The same could be true for the gas engines as well (if they came with turbo's).
Old 08-31-2006, 12:19 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krambo
Its amazing how easy adding some psi and some fuel is on the diesels. The same could be true for the gas engines as well (if they came with turbo's).
And the damn heavy duty parts the Duramax's come with. Its amazing how stout the internals are.

peace
Pauly
Old 08-31-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh my f*ck. That was insane. I wanna go for a ride in that.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Hell, I hope the Cummins is a beast, poor guys have to drive a Dodge truck to get 'em.

Quick Reply: New record for the D-max guys