Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

Welcome me to the new Duramax family!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:47 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome me to the new Duramax family!

I'm the proud new owner of a '07 Silverado 2500HD LT3 crewcab/short bed duramax 4x4. Wow that was a mouthful Seriously though, I love this thing!!! Its black with grey leather and all option but the moonroof and dvd system. We traded in our '05 GTO for it... now I just need a trailer so I can tow my GTA to the track. Got the windows tinted yesterday... not sure if I'll mod it or not. Maybe I just wanted to stop in and say hi... I'm big into LS1's and cars... also have a modded GTP so I'm sure I'll get the mod bug for this truck pretty quick.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Welcome and congrats. Your gonna love it, I know I do.

Btw, if your interested I have a Predator programmer for sale that will work on yours.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:35 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks

Why you selling the predator? What all can it do? Pros/cons? PM me if you want.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you're not going to get hardcore into the modding of the truck ( just intake, exhaust, programmer) this is the one i would suggest ( predator)

the new edge has problems with shutting down engine when using power ( passing on interstate), banks has crappy customer service , ive heard of a few problems with bully dog

the preadator has about 4 or 5 power levels and can take off governor

if zick's predator would work for an lb7( my dad has one) i would have bought it but it
doesnt

check out dieselplace.com great forum for dmax's
Old 12-28-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Taken from Diablo's website.

U7186 Stock Vehicle Tunes:
#
45 RWHP: Tow Tune, made specifically for towing. DiabloSport recommended weight limitations based on manufacturer suggested limits for the vehicle.

#65 RWHP: Economy Performance Tune, designed for Economy and Performance, fuel economy depends solely on driving style, and will vary from vehicle to vehicle.

#85 RWHP: Standard Performance Tune, designed for Economy and Performance, fuel economy depends solely on driving style, and will vary from vehicle to vehicle.

#120 RWHP: Extreme Tune, designed specifically for opening a can of whoop-*** (pardon the expression). DiabloSport recommends this tune not be used for towing.
DiabloSport strongly recommends the use of larger diameter performance exhaust components and exhaust temperature gauges with the use of any performance diesel tuning.
U7186 Specific Features:

#Tire Size Adjustment
#Axle Ratio Adjustment
#Top speed limiter increase
#Trouble code read and reset
#Internet Updateable
#All standard DiabloSport Predator features

I did a lot of searching before I bought it and found that a lot of people where happy w/ the predator and for the price it was right. There are a lot of posts about it on Dieselplace.com if you want to check it out. The only real con I see is that you can't adjust power on the fly.
I actually never even got around to installing this yet, it's just been sitting here brand new. I wanted to get more miles on my truck to get a baseline feel on power and mpg before I added a programmer to see what kind of difference it made.

I ended up buying the Edge Evolution because I was going to get a pyrometer and gauge but couldn't decide on where to mount the gauge. Well the Evo took care of that problem because it's built into the unit. Plus the Evo wasn't out yet when I bought the Predator.

Let me know if your interested, I got one guy who posted interest about it on another website but I haven't heard back from him yet.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:13 PM
9 Second Club

PM coming
Old 12-28-2006, 02:52 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome fellow oil burner! Your going to love your D-Max, once you get use to the way the power is, no more downshifting up hills just brute torque!Ive got the same options as you, i couldnt justify anther grand for the DVD option and sunroofs leak eventually so here i am.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

What DVD system are you guys talking about? I didn't seem to have that option when I ordered mine.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:02 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I THINK its only a crew cab option for the trucks, When i ordered my truck it was an option and is also listed in the Silverado sales brochure. it is headliner mounted and folds down.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Ahh, yes that's it. I forgot the crewcabs had that option.
Thanks Tim.

Quick Reply: Welcome me to the new Duramax family!