Central & Northern ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IL, MO, IA, KY, OH, IN, MI, WI

2009 Woodward Cruise. Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 Woodward Cruise. Who's going?

It's on SAT. Aug.15 '09. It's the largest cruise/ giant car show there is, to my knowledge, in the U.S. Sit & watch, or cruise. From the cities of Ferndale, MI on thru to Pontiac, MI. So it stretches thru several communities in between & goes on for 10 miles or so each way.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-02-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there last year, it is an awesome show well worth the time to go out and check it out! Many nice original old school's that you dont see everyday and alot of neat cutomized stuff, magnacharger's presence was heavy last year! Lot's of good burnouts done too, that is a free for all day on woodward and the day after it looks like there was a 10 mile long burnout contest If your close enough to go to it, I reccomend it, it was a blast.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sonoma43
I was there last year, it is an awesome show well worth the time to go out and check it out! Many nice original old school's that you dont see everyday and alot of neat cutomized stuff, magnacharger's presence was heavy last year! Lot's of good burnouts done too, that is a free for all day on woodward and the day after it looks like there was a 10 mile long burnout contest If your close enough to go to it, I reccomend it, it was a blast.
So does that mean you're goin this year? Something for all, original, rare, exotic, lifted/ lowered, goofy stuff, u name it.
I forgot by what Mile Rd Magnacharger was at, but I may've seen what was left of their setup. It was the end of the day.

Lot of cops. A few yrs. ago they were writing $600 or $900 burnout tickets, but that may've accompanied reckless & or display of speed. I wish my old Generals could've lasted til then, I planned to finish them off properly. I got jipped on worn out tires & smoky burnouts. But the new Grabbers go up nice!!! Ask me how I know.

I'm less than 25 miles, & already took off work. I request that SAT. evey year. I usually wash my ride & detail. Last yr., I dragged my feet gettin there. Hopefully, this yr., I won't.

Next yr., I'll be there w/. a few BIG mods done!!! It wasn't in the cards this year.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

plan to get a few SSS out during the week, early and maybe Milan for TnT on wednesday.

I need to was the truck bad so I can head out mon, tues, thursday....gets too busy. But if we go 14mile and north we get a more lax PD
Old 08-08-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hopefully no rain either Joe.
I wonder if Blown Chevy & the Magnacharger crew will be there this yr?

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-08-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:26 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Hopefully no rain either Joe.
I wonder if Blown Chevy & the Magnacharger crew will be there this yr?
Negative....
Old 08-09-2009, 04:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

:sad:
Brian, the crew can write it off. I bet it'll be cooler than what u guys have been dealing w/. in CA. Altho it's supposed to be 90-95 some of this week. This summer has been a lot of 70s - low 80s. Then it heats up. Back & forth. Been the coolest I can remember in a long time.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Teching In

I'll be heading up there Friday to meet up with a few friends and stay the weekend. I'm heading out from Chicagoland.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's a cool time. Even tho it officially is Sat. AUG. 15, they start prowlin a week, sometimes 2 wks. in advance. You'll enjoy it if u like anything automotive. BTW, cool tat.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Teching In

thanks, I've always been screwed out of going the past few times I've wanted to attend with work so I stopped trying to go, and my current g/f and her family go every year! and I took 9days off work to relax....if you see that tattoo walking around my name is jeff, and I've never seen anyone with an Irish clover leaf made out of car parts...haha

Quick Reply: 2009 Woodward Cruise. Who's going?