Central & Northern ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IL, MO, IA, KY, OH, IN, MI, WI

2009 Woodward Cruise. Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
plan to get a few SSS out during the week, early and maybe Milan for TnT on wednesday.
Have you ran your truck lately?

Im gunna talk to TJ and everyone and see about coming down for woodward. Might hit up Martin wednesday.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw a few nice trucks; lots of new Camaros. Drove a XLR around.
Man was it nice w/. the top down. Made the weather seem cooler than it was.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

The dream cruise was awesome for me this year, best time i've ever had at it without a doubt. Friday night i watched a guy total a Dodge Viper GT2 (1 of 100!!!)while racing a new BMW M5 in Pontiac with a cop in hot pursuit. The guy clipped a curb (his lane ended up being a turning lane and he hit a median doing probably a hundred) spun across the road, knocked over a light pole across Woodward and nestled into some I beam posts on the grass. Thank god he didn't hit any people as there were literally hundreds of people on the side of the road watching burnouts and whatnot. M5 kept going. I love the dream cruise, by far my favorite holiday of the year. I got to roll around in a pack of 10 to 15 sub 10 sec cars beating up on people, it just doesn't get better. Everyone here should try and make it up for the dream cruise next year, in it's 15 year existence i've missed maybe 6 years, and in more recent years it's been becoming more and more of police situation; in the nicer strips... Pontiac is where to go, it's nearly lawless. at the same time however, when the pontiac police clear out street racers they use paintball guns with mace ***** in them, pretty persuasive...
Old 08-19-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like I might have to attend this event next year.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a picture of the viper I came across on another forum:

To be honest it fared pretty well for what it was, and the accident was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ouch! Tony, is that the 1 of 100 you spoke of earlier?

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-20-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea one of few, not sure how many but I'm sure he's not real pumped about smashing it. I'm not real familiar with the viper editions but it was a Viper GT2, according to Wikipedia, "Viper GT2
In order to meet FIA homologation requirements as well as to celebrate Chrysler winning the 1997 FIA GT2 class championship, 100 modified Viper GT2 Championship Edition street legal cars were sold. These upgraded GTS cars were rated at 460 hp (343 kW) and 500 lb·ft (678 N·m) of torque. It featured bodywork aesthetically similar to the GTS-R with its paint job, aerodynamics package, and visual options in order to publicize the Viper's achievement in the FIA GT Championship.[14]"

not really incredibly powerful sounding, but it was a pretty sharp car a couple weeks ago!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think I member seeing those at the NAIAS. 3 versions were there.Stock Viper GTS, the GT2, & a 3rd version( forgot what they called it). The most wicked was really low & a bit far out there as to how it looked, plus I think it was track only. If I'm spendin big $$$, I don't want somethin that I can only use on the track.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Teching In

It was interesting, i was out by pontiac saturday night with my buddy, it was great, durring the day vendors were giving out free ice cream everywhere!...worked out good given how hot it was I ate like 5 icecream samiches...m mmmm I was down by 11-12 mile and a red navigator rear ended a stopped buick at a light while they were drooling over cars across the street prob like 15mph hit. everyone was ok but everyone on the street corner saw it coming and the women all made that awe no!1 noise at the same time while I sat there smiling....
Old 08-23-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, I'm gettin better at this link/ copy/ paste stuff. Learn somethin new everyday.

Anyway, here's a couple pics. Cars were close together to get better pics & too much around them, but u get the idea.

The Yellow Challenger on far left had a KB screw. The other 2 may've been by another builder, but were done up as Cuda's. The Red, white, & blue is a throwback to the Sox & Martin car. :patriot: All looked sweet.

Quick Reply: 2009 Woodward Cruise. Who's going?