Central & Northern ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IL, MO, IA, KY, OH, IN, MI, WI

Mandrel Bending in the SD/MN area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Formerly pimpeterbilt 4/26/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mandrel Bending in the SD/MN area?

This coming April I'll be traveling to Rogers, MN for a Blackbear Tuning meet and am wanting to get some custom pieces of pipe bent up for an intake and was wondering if there were any exhaust or metal fab shops in the eastern SD, western MN and/or on the west side of the twin cities that does mandrel bending? Thanks.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know Tim's Custom Exhaust does mandrel bending in Coon Rapids MN. not exactly west side of the cities but I am near them and could help you out. I will also be at the BB tune in april. I am a returning customer. A matter of fact, I am working right across the street from the Cabelas in Rogers right now.

Last edited by CJ Hungus; 01-31-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought tims just uses mandrel piping then welds the bends in place....., At least thats who I thought I talked to. I do Know that Heartthrob in litchfield has a Mandrel bender,and they do by appiontment only and is quite spendy.....
Old 01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by supersub
I thought tims just uses mandrel piping then welds the bends in place....., At least thats who I thought I talked to. I do Know that Heartthrob in litchfield has a Mandrel bender,and they do by appiontment only and is quite spendy.....
That is a possibility, I was just told to go there for mandrel bends I guess I just assumed.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by supersub

He did mine and does have a Mandrel bender. He does very nice work and is fun to shoot the breeze with too..
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Formerly pimpeterbilt 4/26/10

Default bending

Originally Posted by CJ Hungus
I know Tim's Custom Exhaust does mandrel bending in Coon Rapids MN. not exactly west side of the cities but I am near them and could help you out. I will also be at the BB tune in april. I am a returning customer. In matter of fact, I am working right across the street from the Cabelas in Rogers right now.
Looked up Coon Rapids and it must be what 10-12 miles away from Rogers? That isn't too far of a drive, especially since I'll be making the 9-10hr. drive from SD over anyways. Maybe when it gets closer to April I'll see if I can get some more info. from this shop from ya. Thanks.