Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, nice meeting you guys! Sorry if I wasn't in the best mood ever
Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josh, & Joe, it was cool to put faces to PT names. If anyone wants more specific info, go to my drag racing thread.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...88#post4440788

Short version: I only ran 3x, cause something happened on track & so we all sat in staging.
My best reaction: .119 Worst:.8828 I'll skip my -.047 redlite!

Best 60' 2.2579. Worst 60' 2.274.
1/8 ETs & MPH ranged from 9.717-9.8022, @ from 73.05-73.66.
1/4 range: 15.014-15.14 @ from 90.5- 91.43.

My truck was clean, but not like Joe's SS.
I might be able to holeshot either of the 2 SS's I ran against, but w/. Joe's convertor & cubes of both those guys, they just ran me down & passed by.

There will be more of these. Being away from track for 2-3 yrs. was too long, but I was worried bout the 60E, so stayed away til I could afford a built unit. Stocker did fine.
I'd love to see what an optimized tune would do. I ran w/o my cold air cause I ran outta time cleaning CAI & my truck. I'd like to see if it woulda mattered.

I also woulda liked to pull my spare, jack & tonneau off. And ran w/. less fuel too.

If anyone wants to go to another, come on this thread & post a date. Or start a new thread in regional.
I plan to go again w/in a month, maybe even next week. I really wanna break 15 flat before built tranny.
But maybe we can try to go roughly once a month. And get a few more people on board too.

Last edited by fastnblu; 04-15-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added link.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice meeting you guys.

I understand Josh...nothing is worse than running slower with mods.

I will need to get back, I have started looking at my logs with some help and there is more here, I just have to find it.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'd love to not touch tune, maybe get a few more suspension goodies. Perhaps, tires? Might need to see who makes some 16, 17, 18, & 20" D/R in a width I could use. Then go from there for rims. Maybe just a nice set for track. Like I said Joe, I really only want a bigger wheel from big brakes, not to kill my handling nor add weight to hurt ETs.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would start looking at:
camaro calipers
ctsv calipers
SRT8 calieprs

measure how wide a rotor you need and then we can match them. all of those I believe are 4 piston, so they might tuck in a smaller wheel.

I would get a tune in there Tom, get the TM out and run her like that, then we can hunt you down a cam. I'll help throw it in.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
I would start looking at:
camaro calipers
ctsv calipers
SRT8 calipers

measure how wide a rotor you need and then we can match them. all of those I believe are 4 piston, so they might tuck in a smaller wheel.

I would get a tune in there Tom, get the TM out and run her like that, then we can hunt you down a cam. I'll help throw it in.
I wanna go bigger in "rotor diameter", cause I want it to stop on a dime. Not thickness.

Ya, I know on tune. Think I should go w/. who I spoke of? Or someone else,... like who did yours?
BTW, TM is gone.

So, you'd help me w/. cam? What's the catch?

I actually have 1 in mind.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

no catch, I will HELP, not do it for you.

rotor diameter is not the only consideration. I would keep the stock rotors if you got some 2 pistons (newer truck calipers) or upgrade to 4piston (Camaro, CTSv) and try to keep the small rotor for wheel selection. Rotor width is only so you can match it to the caliper...a fat rotor will never fit inside a caliper with a too small width.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...item1e5b5b62a3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...item3a59da8b61

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SRT-8...item1e5b5b745b

dont buy these, just giving you an idea. research the width to see what will for over a stock rotor. then you only have to fab a bracket and maybe get better brake lines.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

no catch, I will HELP, not do it for you.

rotor diameter is not the only consideration. I would keep the stock rotors if you got some 2 pistons (newer truck calipers) or upgrade to 4piston (Camaro, CTSv) and try to keep the small rotor for wheel selection. Rotor width is only so you can match it to the caliper...a fat rotor will never fit inside a caliper with a too small width. ...
I didn't mean to imply that you'd do it. We might need to talk about this, cause I'm intrigued on what a cam would do for me. I've had 1 sitting under my bed, just a small 1 tho. IIRC, I have everything cept pushrods. I wanted to make sure I got the right ones, so I held off.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

what are the specs?
I found my push rods used...but it will depend on the cam as to what PR's you'll need.
You will need a new front cover gasket (I have an extra), water pumps gaskets, crank bolt, some antifreeze if yours is old. Do you have a place to work on the truck?
Old 04-15-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

what are the specs?
I found my push rods used...but it will depend on the cam as to what PR's you'll need.
You will need a new front cover gasket (I have an extra), water pumps gaskets, crank bolt, some antifreeze if yours is old. Do you have a place to work on the truck?
I don't have a garage to use unless I ask someone, & it's like pullin teeth. You'd replace w/p gskts even if I just did it in NOV 09? That's it on parts?

I gotta go get my cam specs. PM sent. It's just a baby cam 1 step over stock. I didn't want crazy, just a lil something.

I've got most tools, not if it's gotta be specific to LS motor, like a J-tool that doesn't rag out seal on timing cover. I wanna get some just to have, but funds for tool budget are a lil dry.

Last edited by fastnblu; 04-15-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: PM sent.

Quick Reply: Milan Dragway Milan, MI