Central & Northern ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IL, MO, IA, KY, OH, IN, MI, WI

Rotten Luck Road Damage

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know where I can buy a new Tru-cool 4589 trannsmission cooler localy in or around Tulsa? or a good place to order a new one?

I want to get mine replaced ASAP to keep my new tranny safe.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by truckmann
Anyone know where I can buy a new Tru-cool 4589 trannsmission cooler localy in or around Tulsa? or a good place to order a new one?

I want to get mine replaced ASAP to keep my new tranny safe.

i used a hayden its just like the one you had ( radiator style ) its something like $70 from oreillys its like 12"x14" i think
Old 02-12-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Junkie

I checked the local O'reillys in Sapulpa and the one they had in that style was smaller that the one I have. It was only about 1/2" thick the one I have is 1.5" thick. I am so damn picky I may just have to order one.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

I got the insurance estimate today for this damage. The total came to $1301.00.
So after my $500 deductible they cut me a check for $801. I know I can fix it my self for less than that, the only problem is they wrote the check to both me and the lien holder so I have to get them to sign off on it before I can cash it. If they won't then I have to take it somewhere and hope not to get in the .
Old 02-12-2007, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

I got the insurance estimate today for this damage. The total came to $1301.00.
So after my $500 deductible they cut me a check for $801. I know I can fix it my self for less than that, the only problem is they wrote the check to both me and the lien holder so I have to get them to sign off on it before I can cash it. If they won't then I have to take it somewhere and hope not to get in the .
does it have to be a body shop if not call pat @ tulsa automotive @32nd and mingo see if he can help out any tell him jeff moore passed on the info
Old 02-12-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

No it doesn't have to be a body shop so I may do that. I will probably call my lien holder tomorrow and see if they will release the money to me. I think all of the parts will be easy to replace, I might look into a 34" radiator since mine is damaged. I will need someone to recharge the A/C for me. I may give Pat a call tomorrow too, hopefully the Jeff Moore special doesn't require a tube of KY.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

No it doesn't have to be a body shop so I may do that. I will probably call my lien holder tomorrow and see if they will release the money to me. I think all of the parts will be easy to replace, I might look into a 34" radiator since mine is damaged. I will need someone to recharge the A/C for me. I may give Pat a call tomorrow too, hopefully the Jeff Moore special doesn't require a tube of KY.
im sure as long as you do the ac work there he sure will take care of you

if you can get it cashed and you want to buy a GM grille i got hook ups at dealership
Old 02-12-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Ya I am going to get a GM grille. I couldn't find a full replacement aftermarket grille that I liked for a reasonable price. I looked it up on GMPD and it was $235+shipping. If you get a chance let me know what kind of price you can get, I will just have to make sure that I can get the money released to me before I start buying stuff. I suppose they come un-painted too, so I will have to either have it painted or practice my rattle can skills.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:58 PM
13 Second Truck Club

hey when you get it all buttoned up give me a shout and I can get your A/C going as long as you can supply some R134, Ive got the rest[oil, etc] Ive got a vaccum pump and a set of gauges here at the house, dont need a recovery machine from the looks of things....
Old 02-12-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Cool! If they will release the check to me it will sure make this fix easier. I should know more tomorrow. I think I have some cans of enviro-safe, its a hydrocarbon based refrigerant, basically it's a mixture of propane and isobutane. I know what your thinking awww "PROPANE", but my dad uses a different name brand of the stuff all the time in refrigerators and things and he really likes it. Plus it is suppose to have a higher flash point than 134 and run colder. Here is their web-site check it out and let me know if you think this stuff is worth a crap or not. http://www.es-refrigerants.com/
I was using it in my wifes 97 gmc Jimmy before we got rid of it, it seemed to work fine except for the damn huge leak I never could find.

I have some cheapo guages and a crappy venturi sytle vacuum pump.. but I want the A/C to be done right and work when done, so I will let you know when I know what's going to happen.

Quick Reply: Rotten Luck Road Damage