Central & Northern ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IL, MO, IA, KY, OH, IN, MI, WI

Rotten Luck Road Damage

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also if anyone has a good hookup or see's a good deal on a 34" radiator let me know. Unless someone has a good reason not to use one I see no reason not to go ahead and upgrade mine. I may also be looking to by some 05 e-fans since I already have ls1 fans all I would need then is to get new pig-tails for my wiring harness. SDPC has a good deal on a new set of fans, but I as I have stated before I am a cheap bastard so I will always look for a better deal.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
13 Second Truck Club

I've never used the hydrocarbon based stuff before, never had the need to use anything other than r134 in a r134 system. Ive never had a problem getting r134 cold as hell in a system that was designed for it anyways, but we can use whatever you wanna use since my r134 stash has depleted since last season.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't really care what's in the system as long as it works. Last summer it worked fine anywhere above about 40 mph, but it kind of sucked in town. I just thought of the Hydrocarbon stuff since I think I already have some. Last I checked 134 wasn't too terribly expensive, but I haven't checked in a while.

I sent the check to my lien holder today so they could review the estimate and hopefully they will endorse the check and get it back to me by Friday. The the mass search for parts begins.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Whoohoo!
I got the insurance money signed over to me today so I can do all my own repairs and not have to out my deductable money. I also found what appears to be a great place to buy the radiator and a/c condenser right here in Tulsa. They price matched the parts I found on ebay and they are suppose to be delivered today. Now I just need to order some oil cooler lines and a new grille.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Z284thgen
if you can get it cashed and you want to buy a GM grille i got hook ups at dealership
Hey Jeff I was wondering about your dealership hook up for a new grille and some engine oil cooler lines.

Here is the info for the oil cooler lines: 15203890 IS THE HOSE ASSEMBLY FOR THE 6.0

I was told by a couple of people that these should fit on the 5.3l and I ordered a radiator with the engine oil cooler options.

I also need a stupid platic clip that holds some sort of sensor behind the grill on the drivers side. I am guessing it is a temp sensor. The sensor looks ok but the plastic part that holds it in place got damaged. Just let me know what kind of deal you can get.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

get me all the correct part numbers and i will get you some pricing on them
Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Great pictures. Looks like your truck is bleeding to death.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Here are the numbers.
Grille -------------->> 15120581
Oil cooler lines ----->> 15203890
I checked GMPD to see what their prices are and the Grille is almost $270, but the shipping is crazy at like $94. The oil cooler lines I can get new shipped for $95. Let me know what kind of prices you can get especially for the oil lines. I may look into an aftermarket oem style grille and see what prices I can find.
Thanks for checking on this stuff for me.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Junkie

I also could use a new plastic clip that holds that sensor (temp sensor?) that can be seen in the last picture at the bottom right of the picture. I don't have a part number for it but I can try and get one. The sensor is ok but that plastic holder is damaged.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by truckmann
I also could use a new plastic clip that holds that sensor (temp sensor?) that can be seen in the last picture at the bottom right of the picture. I don't have a part number for it but I can try and get one. The sensor is ok but that plastic holder is damaged.

do you have temp reading in the rearview mirror

if so then thats what that sensor is

i will check the numbers and get back to you on them
you sure the oil lines will work

also might check with scoggin dickey or pace performance on the stuff cause you will have to pay OK tax on the parts here it might and might not wash out with shipping who knows

Quick Reply: Rotten Luck Road Damage