Central & Northern ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IL, MO, IA, KY, OH, IN, MI, WI

Rotten Luck Road Damage

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My GMPD order finaly shipped and it is schedualed to arrive on Saturday. So maybe if I can fight the stormy weather this weekend I will be able to get my oil cooler lines installed. I will take some picutres.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Junkie

I got the cooler lines and they will fit. However I don't have the Quick Disconnect fittings for the radiator to be able to hook them up. I called a dealership this morning and the guy told me that only one dealership in the area was listed to have those fittings in stock and of course the parts dept. of that dealership is not open on Saturdays.
I also checked a couple local parts stores and O'rielly's had the QD's for a 6.5L diesel oil cooler lines, but those were too big. I guess I will just have to wait until Monday.

I got the lines stuffed in place anyway. It was a bitch getting them stuffed in where they need to go, but with some twisting, shoving and the removal of one oil pan bolt I got them in place and ready to bolt up as soon as I get the QD's. Here are some pics of how they look.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Not sure if anyone gives a crap anymore but I went ahead an hooked up the oil cooler lines. I just rigged some fittings to work until I can get the quick disconnets. I figured since I already had the oil drained for an oil change that I should go ahead and get the lines hooked up. Here are the pics.

Last edited by truckmann; 02-26-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Glad to see it is getting back together since your little incident...
Old 02-25-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks. It should be all back together tomorrow. The new grille is suppose to be here tomorrow and hopefully I can get the quick disconnects and hook those lines up correctly. I still need to get the A/C recharged, but I need the weather to be a little warmer for that. All-in-all it ended up being a good deal, I got to upgrade to a 34" radiator, add the oil cooler option and the insurance company got to foot the bill for everything.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

sweet so they mounted up!!!! thank god... well im glad they worked out bro....
Old 02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

I just want to see the grille. I was in the same boat but I don't have a black truck so the ebay grille would have been textured. I just bought a used one off of a member and am expecting it shortly...now it's time to do some sanding.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I did get the grille today and I'm not very happy with it. You know what they say you get what you pay for. First off one of the ends broke off trying to get it out of the packaging and the other end is cracked and ready to break. Also I specifically asked them about the black part and if it was "painted" and I was told that it was. Wrong! It is not painted it is just black plastic. I could live with that though if it wasn't broke. The mesh part of the grille is white platic that is painted grey. I sent them an email, but I am not going to pay to send it back to them so unless they pay for for the return I guess I'm stuck with it. Guess I will just get some good super glue and live with it until I find something else to buy. Here are the pics. I think I need a

Broken Tab.

Front

Front Closer

Back
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

That Sucks Man..... Thats Not Right At All.... Send It Back To Them Idiots
Old 02-26-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

I tried to call them and got no answer so I sent an e-mail. Unfortunately it states in the auction they only do exchanges, so even if they pay for me to send it back I am doomed to just get another cheap POS. The real **** of it is I would have been happy to pay up to say $300 for a nice aftermarket grille, I just couldn't find one I liked.

On another note to my rotten day I did check out those isolators for my torsion bar crossmember at a stealership today. That is definitely the part I need, and my fears where confirmed at why it is so expensive. The whole damn thing, metal bracket and all has to be replaced, not just the bushing like I hoped. Since the bracket is held in place by some heavy duty rivets I am not looking forward to dealing with that.

Hey Chevracer can you tell me who's bright frickin idea it was to rivet in parts that are destine to need replaced? That just **** me off. I have had to replace ball joints on a couple of S-10 Blazers in the past and those are riveted in too. Makes me what to strangle someone.

Quick Reply: Rotten Luck Road Damage