Notices
Classic Trucks '47-'98 GM Trucks - Performance | Conversions | General Discussion

lq4 6.0 carb of efi

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please....please....just STFU.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
If you are ever going to do forced induction then you pretty much have to do EFI, but other than that I like the carb.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he was trying to point out that if the op was going to do some type of FI in the future, efi would be easier.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fasglas, I've read through all of this ridiculous banter and I've come to the highly educated conclusion that you really have nothing of value to add. What you fail to realize is that by making a huge point of your post to discredit a guy who knows what he is doing by making fun of his spelling it makes you look like you don't have any good retorts for his valid points. Some of the smartest people in the HP game that I know can't spell for ****, hell one of them didn't even make it to high school yet he has one of the fastest 10.5 outlaw cars. How does that work in your universe?

If carbs are so great post up some actual facts besides just your opinion. It's obvious your understanding of efi is severely lacking.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

1slow01Z71, I think you suck too....OK...fair enough....done.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fasglas
1slow01Z71, I think you suck too....OK...fair enough....done.
Obviously, you didn't take my message seriously, or you wouldn't be back in this thread starting with yet another mod...

Enjoy your vacation from the site.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

i will say this, i used to be a big carb guy, i used to love tweaking them and adjusting them... but once i bought EFI Live all that changed. I think the best thing is that you don't end up smelling like gas from changing jets...
Old 03-17-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing

The EPA has ruined most two strokes but then again some would not even buy a two stroke with the higher performing four stroke EFI stuff out now.....
I have to disagree with that. Ever see a banshee race a raptor? 2 strokes burn oil. The EPA killed them.

I would stick with what I knew best, if I was the OP. Myself, I'd stick with efi, just b/c I don't know how to tune either one. Ive seen well tuned carb'd vehicles. They weren't turbo'd, putting down 1k rwhp, and have air conditioning. Plus there is the cool factor of retro fitting new technology in an older ride.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:54 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
I have to disagree with that. Ever see a banshee race a raptor? 2 strokes burn oil. The EPA killed them.

I would stick with what I knew best, if I was the OP. Myself, I'd stick with efi, just b/c I don't know how to tune either one. Ive seen well tuned carb'd vehicles. They weren't turbo'd, putting down 1k rwhp, and have air conditioning. Plus there is the cool factor of retro fitting new technology in an older ride.

No doubt the EPA push about two strokes made manufactures force into four stroke. But I was considering Honda, they killed the CR because of the success of the CRF, (I'm sure they knew the EPA would ban all two stroke production some day anyway), furthermore, honda went EFI. That why I used that example, it seamed to fit. A manufacturer using EFI before it is really needed....Truth be told, I love two strokes. If I could have any dirt bike, it would be my old 01 CR. BTW, I'm sure a banshee would kill a raptor.

You know, I would probably do the same. If a guy could tune a carb, but had absolutely no grasp on efi stuff, than no doubt a carb would always perform better for him no matter how good efi stuff got.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
i will say this, i used to be a big carb guy, i used to love tweaking them and adjusting them... but once i bought EFI Live all that changed. I think the best thing is that you don't end up smelling like gas from changing jets...
I hope to be in this boat if I ever get my truck running good. I am using a friends EFI Live, and have been pulling my hair out.

Quick Reply: lq4 6.0 carb of efi