Just brought my new CTD home today.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So am i reading this correctly? You got a CTD and put a straight pipe on it and removed the silencer ring...then took it back to the dealership? How does that work exactly. And there is no way your bone stock CTD beat a bombed powerstroke. When my truck was stock it wasnt beating any of the cars you ran. If you held of til Jan you could get the new 6.7 liter cummins.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joewee350
So am i reading this correctly? You got a CTD and put a straight pipe on it and removed the silencer ring...then took it back to the dealership? How does that work exactly. And there is no way your bone stock CTD beat a bombed powerstroke. When my truck was stock it wasnt beating any of the cars you ran. If you held of til Jan you could get the new 6.7 liter cummins.
The 6.7 Cummins is gonna suck ***. they are putting on all sorts of emmisions stuff, which is gonna wreck fuel economy, and make it very difficult to modify them
Old 09-13-2006, 10:53 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He put the truck all back to stock before he returned it.
Maybe the POS power choke you raced was more "bombed" than the one he raced?? maybe he knows a few more tricks to racing than you, maybe his truck was a fluke, maybe his truck had better gears.......
And as for the other cars he listed...... None of them seam hard to believe. lets see a Hemi qc, what do they run, like 17 flat at sea level? and up here well....
Old 09-13-2006, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

A hemi quad cab will knock off a 15 second time all day long. I have run them and have beaten them by 1-2 lengths. I know how to race and have many runs under my belt. I dont care what type of bombing was done to the powerstroke...the powerstroke stock will run with or beat a stock dodge so a bombed one would run away from it. 17.0 timeslips are good for stock but most of the rides he raced are faster than that.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

A hemi quad cab will knock off a 15 second time all day long. I have run them and have beaten them by 1-2 lengths. I know how to race and have many runs under my belt. I dont care what type of bombing was done to the powerstroke...the powerstroke stock will run with or beat a stock dodge so a bombed one would run away from it. 17.0 timeslips are good for stock but most of the rides he raced are faster than that.
No way a stock powerstroke will beat the cummins, Ive raced a few, only lost once cause I missed 3rd. And hemis are a joke. there fat and slow.

By the way, 1funz71, what are you gonna do with the straight pipe? I know a buyer
Old 09-13-2006, 02:50 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Well, wether you believe me or not is not an issue. The hemi I was racing is a guy that works for me. If it makes you feel better I could have him chime in. There are no bone stock hemi's @ 4,000ft running 15's up here. The best I have ever seen was a 17.2 vs my 15.7 in my 04 RCSB Chevy. The power stroke was catching me on the top end. He had a 4in exhaust, I think he had the edge, and CAI. I ran him 4 times, he beat me once. The fords are a joke. The hemi is overrated.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:52 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by NoChrome
No way a stock powerstroke will beat the cummins, Ive raced a few, only lost once cause I missed 3rd. And hemis are a joke. there fat and slow.

By the way, 1funz71, what are you gonna do with the straight pipe? I know a buyer

The straight pipe is gone, I left it at the shop, and now it is MIA. It was only 80.00 and change to do it. I will post a vid of the pipe. It sounded good, but way to loud.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Oh well. I am going by what I have raced. My brother had an 04 hemi quad cab. I raced him when I was completely stock and he ran away from me by many lengths from a dig and roll. I raced him with the module and exhaust and pulled him by 1-2 lengths from a dig and barely 1 length from a roll. I have raced other quad cabs with similar results. I raced another stock 05 cummins and beat him by many lengths. Your races just dont add up to me but I guess anything can happen on the street. NoChrome...no way a stock 6spd cummins will hang with a stock powerstroke from a dig...not happening. Maybe a better chance from a roll but I'm still doubting it. I will just end it by once again saying anything can happen on the street. Good races.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by ProStreet83C10

Git' R Done!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well dammitt!!!! what's the story with the stealership? who cares about if a 17 second vehicle would never beat another 17 second vehicle. Thread is "Just brought home..." , I wanna know why/how you got shamboozeled. Hahaha, shamboozeled.

BTW, proStreet, you look very happy!

Quick Reply: Just brought my new CTD home today.