What Performance Mods for 05 Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not true- Moss Magnuson act of 1979 ( i think ) states that a dealer cannot void a warranty due to the fact that the vehicle has been modified.
However- if you smoke a turbo or melt your pistons, and they find out you've been running a box- then you're on your own
Old 09-25-2005, 02:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
However- if you smoke a turbo or melt your pistons, and they find out you've been running a box- then you're on your own
That's the point I was getting at.

You strat ripping out twins and throwing in stacked boxes and trannies. You better be willing and ready to pay to play.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

hahaa..... Yeah warranties mean crap to me cause I'm pretty tight with are local dealership and they still replace everything for me that i tend to tear up. ha They head my supercharger and my longtubes off my chevy in a rental car when the GM Rep came down to look at my motor (burnt piston second time). So I can still get things done even though im heavily modified. Xillaraider is good chip from yalls point of view.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

ok so i was gonna post this friday but as i was posting it my power gliched and i lost the post, dam hurricaine. anyways

DO NOT DO 5'' EXHAUST unless you are seriously modding your truck, you will lose power, you already come from the factory with 4", all you need is it to be straight piped and a 6" tip.

as far as a chip i reccomend EDGE thats what i have on my truck and i love it, Banks is just a Name.

or you could do a SuperChips programmer, wich would probly be best for you.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Wassup Guys...... We finally did are first mod to the truck, I got a AFE stage 2 intake for 300 brand new, I couldnt pass that deal he sold it to me a cost he saidhe just added in over night shipping that was it. It turned out really nice, it help that turbo scream. I thinkin about taking the silencer out know, will it help power wise. Also the guy I ordered the kit from recommended, The Edge Juice with Atttude he told me he could get for around 725.oo how does that sound. I want at least to have a chip with a 125h.p. setting, but i want it to be adj. on the fly. Do yall think the EDGE Juice with Attitude will outperform the Banks, and Quadzillraider. Thanks yall for all the replies and help. hahaaa
Old 10-04-2005, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

EDGE all the way i got the COMP box on my dodge and love the on the fly settings, but they will get you into trouble parts wise. they retail for like $900 so yeah your getting a good deal.

but im still hoping your not doing 5'' exhaust
Old 10-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Removing the silencer ring doesnt do anything but increase noise. Some say it disrupts air flow into the inlet others say it doesn't, but take it with a a grain of salt.

And out of your choices I'd go with the Edge w/Attitude.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

yeah its really a noise thing just makes the turbo whistle louder, sounds good though
Old 10-04-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks yall... Yeah I'm good friends with the head parts man at are local ADVANCE Auto Parts, so he selling me everything at cost. I'm not going to get my friend to do the 5in exaust, haha I'm going to do it the cheap way straight pipe it and add a 5in. or 6in. tip. Only thing all of my exaust guys tell me they cant get 4in. pipe, were is a place yall think I can get it cheap. Think somebody said try NAPA... Hey and about how long of a piece do I need to get...
Old 10-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Launching!

If you can't get it local, jegs and summit probably sell it.

Quick Reply: What Performance Mods for 05 Cummins