3.0l crd Jeep Grand Cherokee daily driver/ adventurer build

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020 | 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well. I bought a 2000 suburban 2500 today, high miles but runs perfect, no check engine lights, lifter ticks smoke or any issues. Has a rebuilt 4l80e trans, lots of good parts to sell off of it to recoup allot of the purchase price but idk how I missed it till I got home and realized it had iron heads on it. That was a bummer. I’m gonna keep my eyes out for either 243 heads or even 862’s for it. I posted it up that I’m parting it out and if that goes well then I’ll yank the drivetrain out when the time comes and set it aside as I work on it. I might just post it back up for sale, I’m undecided right now though. Still waiting on a trip permit to come for the Jeep so I can start driving it. Planning on tuning it after I drive it for a week or two to see what kind of gains I can make with the 4.7l. I know longevity wise the 4.7l probably won’t last but it should last long enough to get a ls swap in order for it. Also swapped some new headlights into the Jeep today, they were supposed to have amber markers on them but they look like smoked amber so I’m not sure how I feel about them. Might order some different ones.