Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEFLO
ur just pissed cuz u havnt done that.how do u know its abuse.just cuz u havnt seen anybody do that.u should come down to the valley and u will probably learn more.cuz its obvious that u dont believe me.just cuz i dont post here every day doesnt mean that i am lieng
Sorry, I didn't mean "abuse". Are you saying it will last?

What is it that I don't believe? I haven't challenged your post count. I have just asked what your details are, at the same time mentioning your post count just shows you don't chat much with us. Big deal? No, but it explains me wanting to know the details.

Originally Posted by 07 Z71
i think you guys really went off topic, i can vouch for joe that its a stock bottom end, whether you guys believe, its your call
i know he posted this because the 10.99 deserves some recognition for the setup he has. thats it
Again, for the 20 billionth time, I get the fact that it is a stock bottom end. Congrats Joe on making a HELUVA FAST time with stock internals. I am serious, I believe a stock internal 6.0 is capable of 10 second run. (not in my fat *** 5400 lb truck though)

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
sounds like a demand to me.

I don't see what the big deal is. the thing will probably last another 100,000 miles if he doesnt do anything stupid with it. Thats why nitrous is awesome, it rewards people that have self control.

post counts on here don't mean jack ****. some of the fastest guys don't say a damn word because people just love to be a smartass to the newbie or call them liars. so they would rather not even put up with it. its like that on ANY of the performance forums I am on, there is a small click of certain 3+ post per day guys, and the rest of the people are the subserviant pissants who catch hell for anything they post that goes against the norm.

looks like the last few posts prove my point nicely
I can't speak for the last few posts, I think you are misunderstanding my side...I DON'T KNOW JOE OR HIS SETUP, hence me asking. If Joe or his builder or his tuner want to keep it a secret...that's fine too. I don't care, but that removes braggin rights for "fastest 5.3 with one headlight" if you aren't gonna spew details on a forum. Being secret is fine...I respect that, just be fast, great. There are a couple of moderators on this forum who don't talk about their setups either. It's a forum, not a back dim lit road with pink slips on the line. I am sorry your apparent anger for the typical forum call outs gets you worked up when people question other people's setups, especially when they aren't known, but suck it up, it's life. I caught a lot of hell in the beginning too.

Originally Posted by ls1CANTU
i guess my little turbocharged 5.3L will get questiond too. i did alot of the work on Joes truck and tuned it too so what is it that you all would like to know? i will be more then welcome to give my input on this since it is my set up i did on that truck and a few others too. give me a couple of weeks and my STOCK internal 5.3 with our custom turbo kit,cam,springs,push rods and crank pulley ONLY on the motor, will see a 10.80 but pushing more for a 10.50. i will be more then glad to post step by step what i did on my truck and on Joe's truck. i will be more then welcome to build more of this to sell toomy 08 turbocharged truck is very streetable, if i tell you that it doesn't have a cam you would probably beleive me because this thing does not make noise only when you step on it
Awesome, congrats. I will share your enthusiasm. You guys are proving that these motors have alot to be reckoned with and have higher thresholds for pain than most thought. I certainly respect a 11.5 streetable truck, if you are driving around in a tame streetable doing 10.5's you deserve a ton of recognition as well. It certainly speaks for the tuning ability.

Originally Posted by tarinitup
Congrats on the badass time, the truck runs great. I would like to put in my two cents since I took the time to drive 10 hours down to the valley and run. The day I ran it was hot and humid and DA sucked. I was expecting it to be cold since it was december and instead I got 68 degree weather. My truck ran the best that day than it ever had and I imagine that on a zero DA day it would have been even better. At home I have a best of 12.3 and I ran an 11.50 overthere. I did change my tune and add caltracs between those times so it is not a perfect comparison but I think that is a fast racetrack and I will most likely go back again to get a new best. I think your time is possible and I am looking into your setups to run good times too. In fact I just traded in my 228 230 cam for a 239 250 so I hope to be in the 10's with yall this year. Congrats again.
I didn't realize you cut so much time from your old best. (10 hour drive WOW) Congrats! I'd be interested in the big cam results. As well which intake you run with it.

Originally Posted by stock48
You might be surprised at how well the factory engine is engineered. I would put up a stock factory short block up against a lot of built engines out there same CI, same CR. Maybe one of the reasons this truck runs so good is because nobody has been into the short block. I believe your NA times are possible given the below sea level DA. I ran 10.50's with a stock bottom end 01 LQ4 @ 4850LB 4x4 5000'+ DA in Vegas. I think your 05 with the stronger rods, in a lighter 2wd might hit low 10's If you sneak up on it, and don't nip a piston. I know how you feel, I had people questioning my stock bottom end 6.0L until I blew it up in front of them. Now they talk **** because I was boosting a stock engine. Can't ever win...
Yeah, below sea level thing makes a ton of sense in great times coming out of that track. Tons of sense.

But, at least from my eyes, you got attention the same way Joe is...you're braggin on "stock" bottom. If you caught any real **** its because you are braggin about the stock internals can handle it...you actually proved that it can't. ****, your **** was unrecognizable. Just like Joe and many more of us truck enthusiasts will prove time and time again...yes we can make these motors go fast as hell but they can't handle it like a built or forged motor could. Not to say you can't over push the boundaries of a built motor either.

ls1CANTU since you seem to know the most about Joe's setup and you said you guys will indeed discuss his setup, you guys mentioned the heads were milled. What compression is he running? What do you have his timing set at? I am guessing with that kind of horsepower he is blowing by the MAF, any ideas of what kind of calculated flow he is seeing? Did he mention his shift points? Is he using a wideband? Are you just setting up his tune on a dyno only? You know what I mean? Get his AFR to ?? and then put it on the street and forget. What are the timing thresholds of this setup? On the dyno where did power fall off at as far as spark is concerned?

I am sorry guys, this **** sorta excites me...running these kind of times with a freaking stock 6.0 block, slapping a cam and set of heads on it. It just urks me for the opposite reason it urks you. Why can't I ask? If I was at the track with you, staring at the block...which would tell me nothing, I'd still ask these hundred questions. I think everybody wants the same thing here (for the most part) fast as possible and still be streetable, still hop it your truck on a sunday and help a brutha move his furniture.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered abuser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not worked up in the least. In all reality I've been in more BS slinging threads (on other forums) than 95% of the people on here. What I'm trying to say, is all these "pile on the n00b" threads do is chase away the real talent. you guys need less google gurus, and more real ones... (Not saying there arent guys on here with alot of real experience.) a new guy asking how to set lifter preload, for example, will get 10 answers from people doing a search, and 1 answer from someone who has actually done it and runs the engine every day. 5 guys that have never done it will dispute what the one says works and call him a moron because his results don't agree with what someone said in a book. So what does the 1 guy do? he says f it and doesnt post any more. That is what chaps my ***...

Just because you caught hell when you first started posting doesnt mean its ok for someone else.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
I'm not worked up in the least. In all reality I've been in more BS slinging threads (on other forums) than 95% of the people on here. What I'm trying to say, is all these "pile on the n00b" threads do is chase away the real talent. you guys need less google gurus, and more real ones... (Not saying there arent guys on here with alot of real experience.) a new guy asking how to set lifter preload, for example, will get 10 answers from people doing a search, and 1 answer from someone who has actually done it and runs the engine every day. 5 guys that have never done it will dispute what the one says works and call him a moron because his results don't agree with what someone said in a book. So what does the 1 guy do? he says f it and doesnt post any more. That is what chaps my ***...

Just because you caught hell when you first started posting doesnt mean its ok for someone else.
Yes very true. It's not okay, you are right. That's not what I meant, but you are right on all points. That does suck.

I am not busting his *****. I am just wanting to know what's up with his setup, 10 posts or 200 thousand. He and others said they will talk about it. I have been asking.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:03 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
ls1CANTU since you seem to know the most about Joe's setup and you said you guys will indeed discuss his setup, you guys mentioned the heads were milled. What compression is he running? What do you have his timing set at? I am guessing with that kind of horsepower he is blowing by the MAF, any ideas of what kind of calculated flow he is seeing? Did he mention his shift points? Is he using a wideband? Are you just setting up his tune on a dyno only? You know what I mean? Get his AFR to ?? and then put it on the street and forget. What are the timing thresholds of this setup? On the dyno where did power fall off at as far as spark is concerned?
Also what is the LSA on the cam? rockers?
hi, this is my first post in this thread, so I'm no hater,i just would like to know what som of ur specs r cuz i want to pick my new cam out fo my motor,but i dont want the wrong one, nice time crazy fast truck u have there.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Also what is the LSA on the cam? rockers?
hi, this is my first post in this thread, so I'm no hater,i just would like to know what som of ur specs r cuz i want to pick my new cam out fo my motor,but i dont want the wrong one, nice time crazy fast truck u have there.
113 LSA AND 1.7 HARLEM SHARP ROCKERS
Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

heads r not milled,heads r straight from the box.timing was at 26*
Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

113? Cool! How high up does it pull? Where in the power band do you need to shift it at?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
113? Cool! How high up does it pull? Where in the power band do you need to shift it at?
IT SHIFT AT 7100 RPM.AND U CAN FEEL IT PULL ALL THE WAY
Old 07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Registered abuser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 AM

That certainly explains why you are bragging about the stock bottom. You have dual springs in those heads? You did say just a normal set of 317's right? Jesus, 7100 rpm!!! What's the lift on the cam? ( whaaaat? I am not writing this down, I swear)

Quick Reply: 10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150