Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Wasn't sure wtf it was, it's being taken care of.
I HAD TO COME HOME FROM WORK.... I AM CLEANIN THIS THREAD UP...

ANY FUTURE SHENANIGANS WILL BE DEALT WITH SWIFTLY AND HARSHLY!!

GUYS WE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY MORE CRAP.... THIS THREAD I AM REINSTATING FOR JOEFLO SO THAT HE CAN GET THE RECOGNITION HE DESERVES FOR AN AWESOME ACHIEVEMENT....

BUT REMEMBER JOEFLOW IS YOUR GUYS FRIEND, AND IF YOU WANT HIS THREAD GONE... I WILL DO IT...

PLEASE LETS KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC FROM THIS POINT FORWARD
Old 07-03-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good run Joe. Have you ever posted the pics of the truck you had at your shop similiar to JJturbo's truck?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Well, I'm gonna share my thoughts on the 10.99 run. I think it is possible. Good heads, nice sized cam, intake, and a 150 shot, and a tuner that knows his ****. That would be low 10's, maybe even high 9's in a car. So yes, very doable in a truck runnin 10.9. Air has alot to do with it as well. I went to McAllen a little over a year ago for my friends funeral. RIP Art Flores. And the truck I was in ran MUCH better down south than it does here in west texas. Alot of trucks on here have small cams for their combo. Take Tarinitup for example. He has a 402 with a pretty small cam. He is now going to a bigger cam, which will do nothing for him but make him run faster!! The new cam that will be going in my car will be in the upper 240's, and it's still a little 'ol 346. My point is, if some trucks on here would actually get a cam that will allow the setup to shine, people would be amazed how well their trucks performed. And if a cam is designed for boost or spray, even better results when used with boost or spray! Head's are another big factor. Cams can be designed for the heads as well. You give a good cam guy your flow numbers on your head and intake, and tell him what your wanting out of your setup, you will be very happy with what he sends you. And we are not talking about just the peak flow numbers either. We're talking about all of them during the flow test.

Last edited by TxSqueeze; 07-03-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bad360rt
Congrats! That's pretty badass.

I love how people will always start talking about someone's setup not being "tame" or "streetable", etc. If it runs the number, who cares what cam/stall/gears/etc. are in it? If you choose to keep your setup "tame", then don't complain that it's not running as fast. You wanna go fast, ya gotta step up and it sounds like these guys are doing just that.

And everyone has a different idea of what's "streetable" anyway. My new setup has a 262/270 (@.050) cam, 4200 stall, 3.5" duals and solid motor mounts, and I'll be driving it on the street. It won't be a daily driver, just because I don't need it for that, but it'll probably still see 10k miles a year. Most people probably wouldn't want to ride in it, much less actually drive it for more than 10 minutes, but it'll work for me.

x2 "streetable" is a subjective opinion. I will say this, when I had a loose stall it was'nt as enjoyable to drive. But you have to sacrafice to get killer 60fts and lower ETs.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by trever1t
What??
What happened?
it wasnt much,just had a n20 backfire and blew the fast intake.i have pics and a vid of when it blew up.it just that i left the camera at the shop.ill be shure to post them up 2marrow
Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEFLO
it wasnt much,just had a n20 backfire and blew the fast intake.i have pics and a vid of when it blew up.it just that i left the camera at the shop.ill be shure to post them up 2marrow
Dang that sucks! So the intake is ruined?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Well there goes $1000. That sucks man. What caused it to backfire? Was it off the line? Hope you get it running soon. Would like to see more vids of this truck.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Congrats Joe on the Times!!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Dang that sucks! So the intake is ruined?
yeah it blew a piece off the back part and has like 6 or 7 cracks on the top shell..no worries ill post pics 2marrow
Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TxSquezze4.8
Well there goes $1000. That sucks man. What caused it to backfire? Was it off the line? Hope you get it running soon. Would like to see more vids of this truck.
yeah it was of the line.also the posi wasnt workin also,im already getting another unit aswell.

Quick Reply: 10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150