Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It makes sense to me really. The 5.3L trucks were running 12.4-12.5 with truck intakes and stock heads and mild stall's. He's running a 6.0L with more compression, better heads, much bigger cam, Fast 90/90, 4000 stall, etc. It's a bit faster than would be expected, but still not out of the range of possible.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I am not bustin your *****, but am I missing something? What is ALL done to your motor? What do you consider a stock bottom end? I mean, I know LOTS of people with LQ4 motors, cams, heads, intakes, and are NO where near 12.0 let alone a 11.6. Hell most are pushing 8 lbs of boost as well and just cracking 12 seconds. Come on, you can tell us, we are all friends here...you have a built motor with a stock windage tray right?
not to be rude or any thing but,whats so hard to understand.there r a couple of fast 6.0's in the valley.some r very close 2 mine.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by zippy
It makes sense to me really. The 5.3L trucks were running 12.4-12.5 with truck intakes and stock heads and mild stall's. He's running a 6.0L with more compression, better heads, much bigger cam, Fast 90/90, 4000 stall, etc. It's a bit faster than would be expected, but still not out of the range of possible.
we have always had problems with people that dont belive it is a 6.0. i have also had encounters where people tell me its not a 6.0 and i tell them at ill bet them 1000 and we can take it apart.if they r so sure they will be 1000 richer.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, anytime you run a number like that you'll be questioned. You did it in -DA and 30º weather too which almost nobody gets to run in. Your same truck in the average 60º weather and a DA of around 1200 or so like many other tracks would be in the 11.8's or so. They are also comparing your times to other trucks that are more streetable. With your cam and converter your truck is probably good for cruising, but not much of a daily driver type. I'm curious, who built your trans?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:27 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Truck Is Running Strong Joe. Try The 29.5 Slicks And Go For It Of The Line. And Dont Worry About The People Who Dont Belive You Remember All The Haters I Had With My 5.3.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by zippy
Well, anytime you run a number like that you'll be questioned. You did it in -DA and 30º weather too which almost nobody gets to run in. Your same truck in the average 60º weather and a DA of around 1200 or so like many other tracks would be in the 11.8's or so. They are also comparing your times to other trucks that are more streetable. With your cam and converter your truck is probably good for cruising, but not much of a daily driver type. I'm curious, who built your trans?
my truck is a daily driver and it doesnt waist alot of gas.thats what i love about it.i use it to work .and on my tranny a ffiend built it at my house i just brought the parts and he charged me $100 .cuz at first i had it built by jr and it was out of warranty. at the time i was low on cash and my friend did it at my house
Old 07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LA TOMBSTONE
Truck Is Running Strong Joe. Try The 29.5 Slicks And Go For It Of The Line. And Dont Worry About The People Who Dont Belive You Remember All The Haters I Had With My 5.3.
thats true, that 5.3 was also running strong
Old 07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't take it as rude...I am the one asking so its quiet okay to ask why I am asking. It's like I am calling you out fwiw, I can't avoid that, but I don't mean to. Just cause people ask "how the ****" doesn't make them haters. If you know you are doing what you are doing with a stock motor then you'll sleep just fine, I would. I missed the thread that Zippy linked, haven't checked it out yet.

I understand the other truck times from the valley, I get the whole large stall speeds, seems a lot of people are doing that these days. I am astonished for the reason I stated above, I know lots that have what you have listed and are no where near your times. That's what causes people to question, it happens...just imagine how Columbus felt when he said the world wasn't flat. Maybe the Valley trucks have discovered something. Yeah sure there are differences, tuning...converter, and so on, it's just amazing to me.

Just think of my questions as discussion...you make it known in your sig you have a stock motor besides heads and cam only, so to me, unless it weighs 3800 lbs, 11.5 seems a far stretch for 10:1 or 9.5:1 compression 6 liter. You are spinning and taking it easy out of the hole as well, jesus, you have more room for a faster time. INSANE I say, just INSANE. I need to throw away my blower, cam, heads, and nitrous and get your head, cam, intake specs.

Seriously, take pride in your times, I would, when you are all out there by yourself or in a group that comes from one specific location then you are get questioned, such is life.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I don't take it as rude...I am the one asking so its quiet okay to ask why I am asking. It's like I am calling you out fwiw, I can't avoid that, but I don't mean to. Just cause people ask "how the ****" doesn't make them haters. If you know you are doing what you are doing with a stock motor then you'll sleep just fine, I would. I missed the thread that Zippy linked, haven't checked it out yet.

I understand the other truck times from the valley, I get the whole large stall speeds, seems a lot of people are doing that these days. I am astonished for the reason I stated above, I know lots that have what you have listed and are no where near your times. That's what causes people to question, it happens...just imagine how Columbus felt when he said the world wasn't flat. Maybe the Valley trucks have discovered something. Yeah sure there are differences, tuning...converter, and so on, it's just amazing to me.

Just think of my questions as discussion...you make it known in your sig you have a stock motor besides heads and cam only, so to me, unless it weighs 3800 lbs, 11.5 seems a far stretch for 10:1 or 9.5:1 compression 6 liter. You are spinning and taking it easy out of the hole as well, jesus, you have more room for a faster time. INSANE I say, just INSANE. I need to throw away my blower, cam, heads, and nitrous and get your head, cam, intake specs.

Seriously, take pride in your times, I would, when you are all out there by yourself or in a group that comes from one specific location then you are get questioned, such is life.
actually the truck weighs 4500lbs. not being rude or anything about ur truck but check out caspers truck he is running a 5.3 and hitting 11.2.it is also running strong.its a simialar setup but smaller motor.and his is 2wd
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JOEFLO
actually the truck weighs 4500lbs. not being rude or anything about ur truck but check out caspers truck he is running a 5.3 and hitting 11.2.it is also running strong.its a simialar setup but smaller motor.and his is 2wd
I thought he had a turbo and a 75 shot?

Quick Reply: 10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150