Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think one of the reasons why you guys are nowhere near those numbers, its cause you guys have such smaller cams, we are experementing with larger setups, joe has been the first one, there' s llaverito with a 408,g-old is coming up with a 454lsx, my setup is very similar to joe flo's,all i am saying is that don't be afraid to put bigget cams and stalls, bigger heads, i've seen most people here go with a FI setup
Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 Z71
i think one of the reasons why you guys are nowhere near those numbers, its cause you guys have such smaller cams, we are experementing with larger setups, joe has been the first one, there' s llaverito with a 408,g-old is coming up with a 454lsx, my setup is very similar to joe flo's,all i am saying is that don't be afraid to put bigget cams and stalls, bigger heads, i've seen most people here go with a FI setup
dont forget lolo,my cousins 454 lsx also that will hopefully be out this up coming week
Old 07-01-2008, 07:15 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

btw is this a 364ci or a 408ci?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spoolin
btw is this a 364ci or a 408ci?
364 lq4
Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by JOEFLO
364 lq4
i have the same setup, but no trick flows and no FAST, i am poor,only got a ls6, i am anxious to see what numbers i get
Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 PM
10 Second Truck Club

dont forget lolo,my cousins 454 lsx also that will hopefully be out this up coming week
sorry i forgot that monster, i am anxious to see lupe's or g-old's 454lsx setups at the track
Old 07-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1 ? what happens if i run a faster time. Whats the record for a stock bottom end 6.0 with n20
Who knows? I don't get what the big deal is with the "stock bottom end". Now if you had a Scooby WRX doing 9's with a stock bottom end I'd be impressed. You can crack 10.0 with the stock bottom end more than likely...at least once for sure, it won't last long but I am sure it can be done. There's gotta be a trophy for everything, "Fastest 5.3 with the smallest shot and a real bumper (vs a roll pan)" . You can certainly take pride in a fast *** truck man, no doubt. You can also take pride in it being just a 6.0.

Originally Posted by 07 Z71
Some great points, big cams, big heads, huge stall speeds and then we have smaller cams, FI, etc...I can follow that lead. That coincides with me agreeing what Zippy and AP's take. I just take the bait when I see "stock" and/or "daily driver" and/or "very tame as everyday driver", so on and so on.

Bottom line is, post fast times on pt.net and you aren't a regular, prepare to get questioned and if you aren't willing to talk about your top end in details you just have to deal with the 10,000 questions (compression ratio? cam specs? which heads? were they modified? so on and so on) Post fast times with the word "stock" in the title, you are either looking to start ****, mad you missed the bowling trophy in highschool by 2 pins, or...I don't know, who cares, this is a tech site, we want to know how people's **** ticks. A 1.57 exhaust valve is better than 1.60 in the fast intake setup, milling heads to get a 13:1 compression netted you 1.5 seconds and then the 317's with custom valve's gave you another .5 and then the fast intake gave you another 2 seconds...spill the details. You can't post your times with no expectations of people looking for details. I know you guys expect this, the internet is a small place.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Who knows? I don't get what the big deal is with the "stock bottom end". Now if you had a Scooby WRX doing 9's with a stock bottom end I'd be impressed. You can crack 10.0 with the stock bottom end more than likely...at least once for sure, it won't last long but I am sure it can be done. There's gotta be a trophy for everything, "Fastest 5.3 with the smallest shot and a real bumper (vs a roll pan)" . You can certainly take pride in a fast *** truck man, no doubt. You can also take pride in it being just a 6.0.

Some great points, big cams, big heads, huge stall speeds and then we have smaller cams, FI, etc...I can follow that lead. That coincides with me agreeing what Zippy and AP's take. I just take the bait when I see "stock" and/or "daily driver" and/or "very tame as everyday driver", so on and so on.

Bottom line is, post fast times on pt.net and you aren't a regular, prepare to get questioned and if you aren't willing to talk about your top end in details you just have to deal with the 10,000 questions (compression ratio? cam specs? which heads? were they modified? so on and so on) Post fast times with the word "stock" in the title, you are either looking to start ****, mad you missed the bowling trophy in highschool by 2 pins, or...I don't know, who cares, this is a tech site, we want to know how people's **** ticks. A 1.57 exhaust valve is better than 1.60 in the fast intake setup, milling heads to get a 13:1 compression netted you 1.5 seconds and then the 317's with custom valve's gave you another .5 and then the fast intake gave you another 2 seconds...spill the details. You can't post your times with no expectations of people looking for details. I know you guys expect this, the internet is a small place.
it is still a difference,built motor to a stock motor.has has to be hands down alot better.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by dewmanshu

i really understand what you are saying, that's why i've posting more here on pt.net lately and on ls1
Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered abuser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what? there's always "the guy" out there that will take it farther than you. daily drive a surging, bucking beast with a 4400 stall, put up with no AC, run drag radials 24/7, spray a 250 shot on a stock engine, or whatever, just to have a fast vehicle. Thats the way it works, but don't expect or demand them to give you all their setup secrets when you can do the same as them and figure it out for yourself.

and to the OP: congrats on the times

Quick Reply: 10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150