Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEFLO
it is still a difference,built motor to a stock motor.has has to be hands down alot better.
Typically for longevity IMO. Increasing the bore size, messing with the stroke, raising compression....that kind of built is obviously better, it's a performance specific change. "built" doesn't always mean faster, but always means you can throw more nitrous or more boost to them. All I am saying is a stock bottom end in my eyes is just a weak link to a motor that is getting abused (10.99 in the quarter mile )

Originally Posted by 07 Z71
i really understand what you are saying, that's why i've posting more here on pt.net lately and on ls1
Cool, and as a community you are welcome here. It's how relationships and trust are built. (LMAO trust...internet...it is funny)
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
So what? there's always "the guy" out there that will take it farther than you. daily drive a surging, bucking beast with a 4400 stall, put up with no AC, run drag radials 24/7, spray a 250 shot on a stock engine, or whatever, just to have a fast vehicle. Thats the way it works, but don't expect or demand them to give you all their setup secrets when you can do the same as them and figure it out for yourself.

and to the OP: congrats on the times
touche...but if that guy came on here braggin about his times lookin for props, don't expect it. AND that guy would let ya know his setup is and that guy wouldn't claim fame to a stock bottom end. If he did...no one would believe him. And if he didn't give a **** that no one believed him, he probably would of never posted on here.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody is demanding anything, questioning yes.
I think Dewmanshu spelled it out pretty well. It wasn't meant as a challenge.

Personally I don't care if it was done with a stock or built engine. I don't care if you did it whistling the whole way down the track, we aren't handing out trophy's and we don't even differentiate between forged/stock on our FTL.
Again, great times and congrats! At least I feel my engine might stand up for a little more abuse!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
touche...but if that guy came on here braggin about his times lookin for props, don't expect it. AND that guy would let ya know his setup is and that guy wouldn't claim fame to a stock bottom end. If he did...no one would believe him. And if he didn't give a **** that no one believed him, he probably would of never posted on here.
ur just pissed cuz u havnt done that.how do u know its abuse.just cuz u havnt seen anybody do that.u should come down to the valley and u will probably learn more.cuz its obvious that u dont believe me.just cuz i dont post here every day doesnt mean that i am lieng
Old 07-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by trever1t
Nobody is demanding anything, questioning yes.
I think Dewmanshu spelled it out pretty well. It wasn't meant as a challenge.

Personally I don't care if it was done with a stock or built engine. I don't care if you did it whistling the whole way down the track, we aren't handing out trophy's and we don't even differentiate between forged/stock on our FTL.
Again, great times and congrats! At least I feel my engine might stand up for a little more abuse!
and y do u say abuse ,ive had that engine for more than 3 years and it is running better than ever.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:23 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it is still a difference,built motor to a stock motor.has has to be hands down alot better.
and y do u say abuse ,ive had that engine for more than 3 years and it is running better than ever.
Not necessarily. If your not changing stroke, bore, compression or what have you and the only difference between a stock motor and built motor is the forged internals the only difference is the built motor can handle more punishment but alone will not net you one hp more.
The more power you push the closer you get to the limits of the stock internals, all a built motor does is push the limits of those internals much further. People who spend money on built motors are doing it with the plan of pushing the motors to the brink, something you can also do with a stock motor but it won't last as long.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Not necessarily. If your not changing stroke, bore, compression or what have you and the only difference between a stock motor and built motor is the forged internals the only difference is the built motor can handle more punishment but alone will not net you one hp more.
The more power you push the closer you get to the limits of the stock internals, all a built motor does is push the limits of those internals much further. People who spend money on built motors are doing it with the plan of pushing the motors to the brink, something you can also do with a stock motor but it won't last as long.
would u say 3 years is a short time
Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 PM
GFYS and STFU

ur just pissed cuz u havnt done that.how do u know its abuse.just cuz u havnt seen anybody do that.u should come down to the valley and u will probably learn more.cuz its obvious that u dont believe me.just cuz i dont post here every day doesnt mean that i am lieng
Don't get carried away bro, we're all congratulating you on impressive times and excited to know how it was done. You start berating people your not gonna last very long.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
GFYS and STFU

would u say 3 years is a short time
Your motor hasn't been running the way it is now for 3 years.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:29 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think you guys really went off topic, i can vouch for joe that its a stock bottom end, whether you guys believe, its your call
i know he posted this because the 10.99 deserves some recognition for the setup he has. thats it

Quick Reply: 10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150