Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Don't get carried away bro, we're all congratulating you on impressive times and excited to know how it was done. You start berating people your not gonna last very long.
i understand but,whats so hard to understand.its like o7 z71.we all have bigger cams,stall,heads.y make it so hard
Old 07-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 07 Z71
i think you guys really went off topic, i can vouch for joe that its a stock bottom end, whether you guys believe, its your call
i know he posted this because the 10.99 deserves some recognition for the setup he has. thats it
couldnt of said it better.thanks lolo
Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

well if i have this correct my stock bottom end should easily handle over 600 h.p. or more... and be able to run up to high 10's....

ill tell ya what obviously alot of poele have it wrong building not so streetable FI setups just so they didnt have to idle like it was gonna fall on its face....

i guess ill just put the very biggest cam i can find... heck i may even get a custom one that is a lil bigger but just smll enough to fit in the bearings....

maybe just go with a .05" base circle so i can get the biggest lift possible

then ill just throw a n2o setup on it with no jets... wanna make sure i dont restrict the nitrous flow... that would cost me power.....

and i dont wanna deal with that pesky idle surging of a big cam... so i could always just crank the idle up to 2000 rpm.... then i guess if i gut my interior and sit on a milkcrate.... i might be in the 11's....

but hey as long as i could move it 5 feet on a public road thats a street vehicle right?

or i could just move down to south texas and all of the sudden my stock 4.8 would gain an extra 200 h.p, right off the assembly line.....

it must be the magic air down there..... or maybe theres something else in the air... hold on i think i can smell it..... its the same smell i get when i drive by a dairy farm
Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEFLO
couldnt of said it better.thanks lolo
no problem homie, we are trying to gain some recognition, that's it
if you have a question, the owner will gladly answer, thanks guys
Old 07-01-2008, 08:39 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

taking a stock engine and driving it to it's fullest potential and then some is abusive. Engines have a finite life, they start new, age and die like the rest of us. Running them like we do shortens the expected lifespan, plain and simple, pushing it to the limits will cause it to fail a lot quicker.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:40 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
well if i have this correct my stock bottom end should easily handle over 600 h.p. or more... and be able to run up to high 10's....

ill tell ya what obviously alot of poele have it wrong building not so streetable FI setups just so they didnt have to idle like it was gonna fall on its face....

i guess ill just put the very biggest cam i can find... heck i may even get a custom one that is a lil bigger but just smll enough to fit in the bearings....

then ill just throw a n2o setup on it with no jets... wanna make sure i dont restrict the nitrous flow... that would cost me power.....

and i dont wanna deal with that pesky idle surging of a big cam... so i could always just crank the idle up to 2000 rpm.... then i guess if i gut my interior and sit on a milkcrate.... i might be in the 11's....

but hey as long as i could move it 5 feet on a public road thats a street vehicle right?

or i could just move down to south texas and all of the sudden my stock 4.8 would gain an extra 200 h.p, right off the assembly line.....

it must be the magic air down there..... or maybe theres something else in the air... hold on i think i can smell it..... its the same smell i get when i drive by a dairy farm
no need to make a statement like this bro, if you do not believe this, come to baytown december 13, we'll be there and you could see for yourself do not make stupid comments
Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by trever1t
taking a stock engine and driving it to it's fullest potential and then some is abusive. Engines have a finite life, they start new, age and die like the rest of us. Running them like we do shortens the expected lifespan, plain and simple, pushing it to the limits will cause it to fail a lot quicker.
i completely agree trever, my other 6.0 recently took a shi t and i had to start again, but this time with 243 heads
Banned

its very possible to have that kind of HP numbers from a 6litre. ive seen some ls1 combos produce over 500 rwhp NA. the key to them are right choice for cam, compression, ported fast and top shelf heads. alot of ppl skimp out on heads. these guys run good parts.

also the air in the RGV seems to be great for racing other parts of the country they woudlnt see the same times. Come up north to the mountains and see almost a second off the time

now heres something in quesiton. in that video you race Flaco.. which his truck is a built 414. So your keeping up with a 10k+ built motor combo? just curious cause either his truck wasnt running optium or something else I missed
Registered abuser

.I don't know, who cares, this is a tech site, we want to know how people's **** ticks. A 1.57 exhaust valve is better than 1.60 in the fast intake setup, milling heads to get a 13:1 compression netted you 1.5 seconds and then the 317's with custom valve's gave you another .5 and then the fast intake gave you another 2 seconds...spill the details. You can't post your times with no expectations of people looking for details. I know you guys expect this, the internet is a small place.
sounds like a demand to me.

I don't see what the big deal is. the thing will probably last another 100,000 miles if he doesnt do anything stupid with it. Thats why nitrous is awesome, it rewards people that have self control.

post counts on here don't mean jack ****. some of the fastest guys don't say a damn word because people just love to be a smartass to the newbie or call them liars. so they would rather not even put up with it. its like that on ANY of the performance forums I am on, there is a small click of certain 3+ post per day guys, and the rest of the people are the subserviant pissants who catch hell for anything they post that goes against the norm.

looks like the last few posts prove my point nicely
Old 07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83

since ur being so sarcastic.what does ur truck run in the 1/4.

Quick Reply: 10.99 Run on 6.0 Stock Bottomend on N20 150