Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

2012 boss 302 on drag radial!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Just imagine if they added 2 more valves per cylinder, bumped the compression up to 11:1 and added a fully adjustable/variable valvetrain to a 4.8... It would EASILY be capable of making well north of 400 HP... I'm not that impressed at what HP the new 5.0's make, I would expect that from an engine built that way, rather, I'm impressed that Ford went through with making such an aggressive production engine Oh and all the new 5.0's have forged internals, not just the boss'. I don't think you could make an engine that aggressive to be used for daily use and still have any kind of warranty if they weren't...
Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
I'm not that impressed at what HP the new 5.0's make,
This is a completely ignorant statement. If you can't respect the HP to Liter ratio of this motor you truly aren't a gearhead.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jake99
I get the point not ******* on them, its just when i see a car run good I could care less if its stock or not, its how the engine is built that makes the difference.
And right now Chevy can't compete. The Ford 5.0 is everybit as quick stock and mod for mod as the Chevy 6.2 or the Dodge 6.4... And when regards to cars and not trucks Ford wins on this...period...
Old 07-22-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Im a chevy fan all the way. But I give ford the credit they deserve putting these in production. Its time for there to be a camaro/challenger/mustang Rivalry. Right now Ford is on top hands down. I still think the LSX engines are the greatest thing ever but chevy need to work on the camaro.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gnd111
This is a completely ignorant statement. If you can't respect the HP to Liter ratio of this motor you truly aren't a gearhead.
Dude, taken out of context, like you did there, then yeah! That is an ignorant statement. Let me explain a little more clearly for you. I'M NOT THAT IMPRESSED WITH THE HP THAT THE NEW 5.0's MAKE.... CONSIDERING how the engine is built out of the factory, which BTW I AM impressed about. I just meant that everybody is making it seem like no one else on the planet has ever made over 400HP on 5.0 liter engine, yet ppl have been doing that for over 20 years!

So I have my opinions, and you have yours... I didn't call you ignorant or bash you, so you don't need to do that to me. I AM a true gearhead, I've been one since I was 3 yrs old playing with my hot wheels
Old 07-27-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

And right now Chevy can't compete. The Ford 5.0 is everybit as quick stock and mod for mod as the Chevy 6.2 or the Dodge 6.4... And when regards to cars and not trucks Ford wins on this...period...
LOL. I would'nt get to far ahead of yourself, lets see how well they do once people really start racing them. From what iv seen ford really did some good work on the rear to get them to hook well so they are able to use the power. Im seeing more and more vids like this floating around once they run on the street.. better hope they dont start pulling 1.6 60 foots on the camaros.

Both cars have same boltons, this in not a boss tho.

‪2010 Camaro SS vs 2011 mustang 5.0‬‏ - YouTube
Old 07-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
Dude, taken out of context, like you did there, then yeah! That is an ignorant statement. Let me explain a little more clearly for you. I'M NOT THAT IMPRESSED WITH THE HP THAT THE NEW 5.0's MAKE.... CONSIDERING how the engine is built out of the factory, which BTW I AM impressed about. I just meant that everybody is making it seem like no one else on the planet has ever made over 400HP on 5.0 liter engine, yet ppl have been doing that for over 20 years!

So I have my opinions, and you have yours... I didn't call you ignorant or bash you, so you don't need to do that to me. I AM a true gearhead, I've been one since I was 3 yrs old playing with my hot wheels
I never called you ignorant. Just that statement. Truth be told i've never been impressed with anything Chevy did with relation to the 4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2 considering a 6.2 makes the same rwhp as a little 5.0.

And i even drive a Chevy. You don't know how extreme anything is. It is a different and more efficient arrangement. One that can't be matched unless Chevy and Dodge get out of the stone ages.

You aren't anymore of a gear head than I was as i grew up at the 1/8th mile tracks in Lawrence and Pittsburg, KS...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Launching!

LOL. I would'nt get to far ahead of yourself, lets see how well they do once people really start racing them. From what iv seen ford really did some good work on the rear to get them to hook well so they are able to use the power. Im seeing more and more vids like this floating around once they run on the street.. better hope they dont start pulling 1.6 60 foots on the camaros.

Both cars have same boltons, this in not a boss tho.

‪2010 Camaro SS vs 2011 mustang 5.0‬‏ - YouTube
Driving can make a huge difference. Where the bolton's and tune exactly the same? The Camaro will just crap a trans since Chevy is famous for that if it get's anywhere near that 60ft...lol
You just better hope Ford doesn't make an OHC 6.2...it would be a low 11 car bone stock...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Driving can make a huge difference. Where the bolton's and tune exactly the same? The Camaro will just crap a trans since Chevy is famous for that if it get's anywhere near that 60ft...lol
You just better hope Ford doesn't make an OHC 6.2...it would be a low 11 car bone stock...
they said intake exhaust and tune?? they claim they were close on mods anyhow?? Chevys and fords have there ups and downs, I dont like to step on peoples toes im just trying to hold my side. This car is impressive, the most impressive one they have come out with I think. Non of us can change how they build them its just up to us to push them as far as they can go. Like the early'er cobras irs was junk and couldnt 60 foot for ****, seem like that wants hurting the new camaros, fix that and they compete.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:12 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like the early'er cobras irs was junk and couldnt 60 foot for ****
This one is still on IRS, and 60 fts pretty good.

‪AKRP 5 28 2011 drag racing 045‬‏ - YouTube

Quick Reply: 2012 boss 302 on drag radial!!!