Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

2wd SS getting it

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2wd SS getting it

went to gville track on 5-19-10. pitt was there and some nice vettes and a tbss with bolt ons and stall. it was a nice night... besides the weather.

i drove a hour there messing around a little. got there put the DR's on took headlight off and ran a 13.9 at 99. truck never got a chance to cool down. this was with filter on and through the corsa touring. pulled a 2.18, from my diff being shot. also 1-2 and 2-3 shift had bad delay.

next thing i know i get myself into a 14 second index bracket. i went to finals, having to slam on brakes at the end so i didnt break out lol. but then lost to a diesel ford.. i forget it was protree that run and he murdered me on reaction even though i ran a 14.01 that time.

so tony from hp did some small changes to my tune to help it, but truck was heat soaked so i didnt get any more good times just 14.0 all night hitting brakes

but corrected time was 13.6 at 101. im impressed and proud of it.

thanks to pitt and tony! great guys, true to the game
Old 05-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the runs man!.. Don't mean to stir **** up but why are you claiming corrected times in your sig? No one does that man... Your times are whatever you ran at the track.... Just my .02....
Old 05-20-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caddy03pimpin
Congrats on the runs man!.. Don't mean to stir **** up but why are you claiming corrected times in your sig? No one does that man... Your times are whatever you ran at the track.... Just my .02....
LMAO ! i didnt even know what that meant. i have seen corrected SAE rwhp numbers before . thats pretty good.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

well i have never corrected any times even with my 96. but gville is normal better then normal conditions. when i went to correct the times on my 96 it made it slower lol. cause you can baack years to what thee weather was. im not plaanning on running this truck at all really. maybe once after tru trac aand whenever i throw a small shot on it.

but since i wont go back for a couple months i did the corrected times because in reality i could run aa better time then that there.

plus im not trying to show off or be some record holder its just an idea for people to look at.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

also i think corrected is a good thing for us to go by on here. since we all live all over the country its a good standardized way of comparing. some guy in a high sea level track can be cammed running 15's. then people think man thats shitty, or he can add a corrected time to it so then people just getting into this dont sit there and go whoa thaats a slow truck

just like the valley trucks always run faster times. correct those and get a realistic comparable time.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:07 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you guys had a real good time!

did you get any vids chris?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

no vids. that i know of. it was fun. really good time
Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

You trapped 100 mph with the only mods being CAI, catback, LTs, and tune? That's ridiculously good, borderline unbelievable. I'd like to see what that thing does with a stall and cam.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

ya 99.8 true mph with no cool down. coolant never dropped below 210 from the time i left ocala till i came home. i was gonna let it but got tied up in trying to win the 14 second index race so i ran over and over. one run i pulled my best 60 and was headed to good time but slammed on brakes to not break out and ran a 14.08 at 87 lol

before the last run tony from hp fixed my shift points and idle problem but it was too hot and didnt hook. so with my best 60 and that fixed i see me running a true 13.7 or 13.8. through the corsa

i wasnt going to run this a lot because its my daily but now i wanna try and get a 13.5 out of it with no stall or cam. tru trac and a cool engine with open y pipe should do it
Old 05-21-2010, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
You trapped 100 mph with the only mods being CAI, catback, LTs, and tune? That's ridiculously good, borderline unbelievable. I'd like to see what that thing does with a stall and cam.
Yeah, Chris's truck was hanging tough. I can attest to the heat...I had trouble keeping mine under 210 all night. I would let it cool to 185 and by the time I was thru with the burnout, right back up. We had a great time though.

Quick Reply: 2wd SS getting it