Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

6.56@108

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I always have trouble explaining the mass-rate characteristic of turbos to people. It is sort of an abstract concept to grasp, though. Richard, if your HP PID is even remotely accurate, the fact that it increases with your shift to 3rd gear points right at a lack of compressor.
I wouldn't exactly say that just from that log, I would also log EGTs and backpressure before saying he is out of compressor. It could also be due to better heat transfer in the turbine, or lower backpressure, etc.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by slow67
I wouldn't exactly say that just from that log, I would also log EGTs and backpressure before saying he is out of compressor. It could also be due to better heat transfer in the turbine, or lower backpressure, etc.
I say that because he just spent a bunch of money fixing his backpressure problem and saw no changes. Not to mention, if you look at his truck's performance vs the ability of that 80mm wheel, he's clearly out of compressor. lol
Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome truck man! what size wheels and tire.. i need a drag radial setup too
Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Well just got back from the track...mediocre results really, they dont give the track a lot of treatment since street tires wreck it soon anyway since its test and tune night. I need to tweak the 2 step a lot...feels like its really lazy coming off of it. I had much better results on the footbrake. I tried what Jarret said and I think thats the way to go; I built up 15lbs then dropped the throttle slightly so rpms dropped to around 3000 then let her rip and boost stayed steady at 20 the whole way and no knock. Its too bad I spun all 4 through first gear otherwise that wouldve been a hell of a pass! Im close to maxing out the 127lb injectors with straight 93, IDC was near 98-100% most of the run (I spray meth on top).

I think some of the issue with not being able to build boost last weekend is I had the soft spring in the wastegate, and due to how my boost controller is only setup to open the gate and not keep it closed, I think it was opening too early due to backpressure. I put the stiff spring in tonight and mininum boost is around 12lbs but I can control it better.

So the take away from tonight is I really need to get my backpressure gauge back on it to see whats going on, and see if I can get the 2step as effective as jarrets technique. The power is definately there, but I have been fighting that knock on the 2-3 for a while now....I want to see if adding some e85 helps but I dont have enough injector for that!

Wheels are stock 17 chevy wheels, but I had the rear two widened 2.5" to 10" wide. Front tires are m&h 275/45/17 and rears are 325/40/17
Old 10-12-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

We'll if that seems to work good then id try setting the two step at 3k, pull up to the line and brake boost it to 15 psi then hit the two step. or just set in your drive way and adjust it till you hit 15psi right off the 2 step.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

The 2step has this safety feature where you have to be at least 1/3 below the set value for it to activate, otherwise I would do exactly that.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I say that because he just spent a bunch of money fixing his backpressure problem and saw no changes. Not to mention, if you look at his truck's performance vs the ability of that 80mm wheel, he's clearly out of compressor. lol
Ah that's right, I forgot about that thread.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomic
The 2step has this safety feature where you have to be at least 1/3 below the set value for it to activate, otherwise I would do exactly that.
O ok, IM just using the efi live 2 step, pretty much just a fuel cut rev limiter. I have it wired up to my nitrous purge button so it comes on any time I push it, hell I even roll race with it, talk about a hard hit from a roll! Lol.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Jake99
O ok, IM just using the efi live 2 step, pretty much just a fuel cut rev limiter. I have it wired up to my nitrous purge button so it comes on any time I push it, hell I even roll race with it, talk about a hard hit from a roll! Lol.
I have efilive! tell me more! I would be worried a fuel cut would run ya lean. please say some more about this!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowec
I have efilive! tell me more! I would be worried a fuel cut would run ya lean. please say some more about this!
You can select the two-step option with Parameter A0011 in the cos files. It's basically a secondary stock rev limiter cutting fuel. Some of the nitrous guys using it complain of a second or two delay coming off the line if all the tuning isn't ideal with the use of the EFILIve 2-step.

Richard, whens the next track outting?

Quick Reply: 6.56@108