Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Almost there... New PB

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats great to see the progress your doing hope spring time brings the best for ya
Old 12-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, got my spool and bearings and c cilp eliminators, that will take care of most of traction problems. Got a 5 gal. fuel cell and am dropping big tank out, moving battery to back. Have lost 32 lbs now. 68 more and I'll gain another 10th. Pittman has let me know I've been shifting to high. should be shifting at a lower rpm, more in the power curve. If that will do what it has done for him, I should be in the 11.40's to 11.50's on motor. Then I'll hit a 100 shot. Should be real close to the 10's then.
Everyone have a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Great NEW YEAR. Stay safe and enjoy family and friends................
Old 12-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you got a good game plan

Hope it all comes together for you this upcoming season
Old 12-24-2011, 12:11 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Great times man!! very impressive!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Sr.
Well, got my spool and bearings and c cilp eliminators, that will take care of most of traction problems. Got a 5 gal. fuel cell and am dropping big tank out, moving battery to back. Have lost 32 lbs now. 68 more and I'll gain another 10th. Pittman has let me know I've been shifting to high. should be shifting at a lower rpm, more in the power curve. If that will do what it has done for him, I should be in the 11.40's to 11.50's on motor. Then I'll hit a 100 shot. Should be real close to the 10's then.
Everyone have a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Great NEW YEAR. Stay safe and enjoy family and friends................
Steve, can you send me your dyno sheet ?

blpittman@att.net

I ran a new best of 11.14 @ 120.2mph a few days ago. This truck ain't never gonna hit a ten without some weight reduction or about 25 more hp and I refuse to change this cam. Have some plans in the works
Old 12-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Hi Bob Still no dyno specs. 11.14 Thats really great. A 100 shot would put you down in the 10's easy. I imagine that is on your mine. Soon as I get my traction problem fixed. I will start shifting at 6150 and see if that gets me down close to low 11's. Our engines are similar except for Carb-EFI and heads. I've got Cal-Tracs and rancho's, need to readjust them and that should help.
My reground cam works great. Next time I do a cam I'm going to have a two peice timing cover. Then I won't have to pull the balancer. and didn't have to pull the heads, so it wasn't to much of a problem.
I'm hunting for a set of L92's. I'll use them stock at first with a set of stainless valves. Then when I get a little more money I'll send them off to get CNC'd and ported, and then get a victor jr. unless there is a better intake for a stroker LS with a carb.
My goal is 9.90's. Merry Christmas and a very,very happy new year. Be safe and God Bless
Old 12-25-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Sr.
Hi Bob Still no dyno specs. 11.14 Thats really great. A 100 shot would put you down in the 10's easy. I imagine that is on your mine. Soon as I get my traction problem fixed. I will start shifting at 6150 and see if that gets me down close to low 11's. Our engines are similar except for Carb-EFI and heads. I've got Cal-Tracs and rancho's, need to readjust them and that should help.
My reground cam works great. Next time I do a cam I'm going to have a two peice timing cover. Then I won't have to pull the balancer. and didn't have to pull the heads, so it wasn't to much of a problem.
I'm hunting for a set of L92's. I'll use them stock at first with a set of stainless valves. Then when I get a little more money I'll send them off to get CNC'd and ported, and then get a victor jr. unless there is a better intake for a stroker LS with a carb.
My goal is 9.90's. Merry Christmas and a very,very happy new year. Be safe and God Bless
Thanks, hope yours is good as well.

Steve, you have got to get that dyno done so we can see where your peak hp is. It is a guessing game on shifting rpm without it. You should be able to get 2-3 pulls for under $100 somewhere. Just a note to remember, we had to put 3 of us in the bed to hold her down good. The straps let it lift too much.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats Steve!!
Old 12-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pittman
Thanks, hope yours is good as well.

Steve, you have got to get that dyno done so we can see where your peak hp is. It is a guessing game on shifting rpm without it. You should be able to get 2-3 pulls for under $100 somewhere. Just a note to remember, we had to put 3 of us in the bed to hold her down good. The straps let it lift too much.
I've got a friend that has a dyno and is $75 for a couple three runs. Am getting my spool and fuel cell in and then will make it to the dyno. Will ask about it lifting during run.
Thanks Steve
Old 12-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by skeet
congrats Steve!!
Hi David, Hope your Christmas was great............ and you got some great toys. I think you have caltracs on your pickup, have a few questions if you do. Was your truck lowered when you put them on? If so, your caltracs aren't level with the ground are they? I have a Beltech lowering kit and it raises the leafsprings, so my caltracs are not level. Do you know if they will still work as they are supposed to? Calvert racing kind of balked a little when I asked them then said yes they will still work. Was wondering if I should have brackets built to bring them down in front to make them level with the ground or am I making this more difficult. Will know more after I get this spool in and have a warm day to test, but wanted your input.
Thanks for any help Steve

Quick Reply: Almost there... New PB