Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Anyone have pics of NHRA-legal cages in a NBS GM truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 02:27 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have pics of NHRA-legal cages in a NBS GM truck

I can't find any pics of Jim's cage on his site. Slowprocess's isn't NHRA legal (I don't think.) Just curious to see how intrusive it is. Is it a pain in the *** to get in and out of? (keep in mind I'm almost 300lbs.)

I reall don't wanna loose my tonneau cover and go to a lexan rear window, but I guess I might have to. We'll see how it runs in the summer months. I think Saturday was a fluke.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scream
I can't find any pics of Jim's cage on his site. Slowprocess's isn't NHRA legal (I don't think.) Just curious to see how intrusive it is. Is it a pain in the *** to get in and out of? (keep in mind I'm almost 300lbs.)

I reall don't wanna loose my tonneau cover and go to a lexan rear window, but I guess I might have to. We'll see how it runs in the summer months. I think Saturday was a fluke.

I'm like you, but I just can't bring myself to have to do the rear bars and also loose my bed cover. I don't think the track that I go to will say much about it, but it is nice to have when your running that fast.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:36 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Gainesville will DEFINITELY have something to say about it. They are real sticklers around there. But it's good, because at those speeds you really DO need the safety equipment. I'm just not sure what the rear bars help in a RCSB pickup truck, but whatever they say!
Old 01-17-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Scream

All I'm missing in my setup is the rear bars. I talked to several legit racers that told me my setup would stand with the addition of the rear bars mounting into the bed. My door bars are right above my elbow when seated and I could make adjustments accordingly to pass inspection. As far as comfort.....I'm 6 ft 225 and it can be a pain in the *** getting in and out of the truck(mainly getting out. My racing seats have more of a slant to them than the stock seats at the butt area, which helps out with making it a pain in the ***. Plus I now have to be careful not to scratch up all of my painted pieces now.

I will probably neve do the rear bars, unless there is a legit way to go under the rear glass. I don't want the truck to look like a 4x4 with a rollbar in the back, so I'll probably just stay away from the big time tracks.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:01 PM
DRAG RACING IS LIFE! Mod

Scream,

If you do decide to have it done, unless you have someone in mind over in Jax, I'd recommend a guy in Ocala that did mine. Next time you're at Gainesville look me up and I'll show you mine. He did a great job and it wasn't that bad on cost.

Derek
Old 01-24-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

I think that the rear bars look sick. As soon as the snow clears I am off to the track to run the numbers and then down to DMC Racing to have my cage and lexan window put in. I think that it is just nasty if you need a cage to go race. I dont knwo maybe its just me
Old 01-25-2006, 09:17 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Thanks Derek...I'll check it out Saturday. I'll be there for sure; whether the truck is or not is still up for debate. I have a leaking axle seal, and I don't know if I can get it fixed in time for Saturday or not.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:24 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
I think that the rear bars look sick. As soon as the snow clears I am off to the track to run the numbers and then down to DMC Racing to have my cage and lexan window put in. I think that it is just nasty if you need a cage to go race. I dont knwo maybe its just me
I'm with ya man, I just don't wanna loose my tonneau cover and find a new place for the bottle. I really don't wanna mount it in the bed w/o a tonneau, and I don't want it in the cab.

Are you getting a pre-made Lexan/Acrylite window, or having one made? I've found at least one place that offers an Acrylite window for a decent price...PM me for more info.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have some that I will try to post later.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can get the pictures to come up right now but I will try again later.

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of NHRA-legal cages in a NBS GM truck