Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Anything I need to Know

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 03:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything I need to Know

I'm going to go to the track next weekend, but I've never raced. Is there anything I need to know, or any advice you veterans can offer up?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha I went for the first time last weekend. It's a bit different than I expected.

Here's what I would recomend.....watch a few races before you run your truck. This will give you a pretty good idea on how things work.

There will probably be guys to help you out in the staging lanes. They will tell you when to run and which lane to run it.

A big thing I didn't really need to know, but is good to know, is that after the run. If you are on the site opposite of the return lane(sorry I don't know the actual term), WAIT for the other guy to pass first otherwise you can cause an accident.

Somethings I didn't know:
You get your time slips AFTER you are done racing. I thought there was a booth that you got them from right after you raced.

Unless you're running drag radials or slicks, try and avoid the waterbox as it will just make your 60' suffer.

Go on the 3rd yellow light!! I would go on the green light and my reaction times were around .7 seconds.

That's just some of my noob info. I had no idea what in the hell was going on. It's best to ask people. Almost always the people are friendly and willing to help. I know they were with me.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:14 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Randomhero covered it perfectly and 1 thing for sure people at the track have allways been friendly so dont hesitate to ask questions while you are there.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can ride with someone for a run, that would help to, to see where to go and everything.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

those big solid thiings on the side of the track are walls... they dont give... so dont run into them... point your truck rocket down towards the shutdown area
Old 05-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
those big solid thiings on the side of the track are walls... they dont give... so dont run into them... point your truck rocket down towards the shutdown area
beautiful!

I am still a newbie, hell I let The Breeze turn in front of me and I was in the left lane and had right of way. I like running ALL the way to the end...makes me laugh.

GO ON THE THIRD YELLOW!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

last time I went to the 1/4 track... me and another guy raced damn near to the end of the shut down area... he couldnt believe he got beat by me LOL...

we got a little talking to by the track officials LOL...
Old 05-08-2007, 08:26 AM
11 Second Truck Club

2 weeks ago when i was at the track they had like a 17 sec honda go all the way down to the last return road. the tree starter was like WTF this is taking all day

oh and don't line up your back tires up with the beams. i've seen too many rookies do it.