Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Beastmode's new times

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:47 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beastmode's new times

Today Bill and I ran his truck. track temp was 130*, air temp was 90*. track prep was pretty good. following mods since last time he was at track. Efans, Domination long bars and 7* more timing. we were out last night testing out the truck on street. i added timing and fixed his knock sensor code that was popping up. also we added shims to his pinion and loaded the bars to help make his pinion angle to -1*. I deff like the truck with the bars. when it kicks its feels solid. alot more solid then my old setup used to be. I just believe his converter is too tight for this setup as its holding it back. Putting it agsint the converter did worst then it would do flashing but the converter is too tight to flash high enought to put truck in its power band but once truck is in powre band it moves.

the slips above are the two best of the day. but the truck ran 13.6 like clock work all day long. didnt matter if we let it cool or hot lapped it.

00 ls1 with 224 cam, stock manis with stock Y pipe, 373 stock rear, full weight base model 02 sierra, ls1 Efans with AirAid intake, stock trans with yank 3k stall.

to some this up...........bars helped greatly for wheel hop and solidness of truck. Hot temps never allowd for IATs to be less then 115* ECTs were 215s on average, track temp was 130*.....not bad at all for conditions of weather, once he gets headers, duals,X pipe, built trans and 3600 PI stall, and much cooler weather...this truck will deff be a solid runner
Old 08-29-2007, 04:48 PM
5 year bitches!

his last best was 14.2 i believe with a 2.1 60'.........so thats a 6/10th improvement in times along with 2/10th improvment in 60s. also an average gain of 5mph from his previous best...also noticed with his truck is its carrying out the 1-2 shift way to much. think with the trans doing minor slipping its hurting his times slightly which should be taken care of with the trans. hes going with the Built 60e i had ran last year.

Last edited by Quik; 08-29-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely an improvement over the last best. Good work cutting it down.

Any video?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:32 PM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
Definitely an improvement over the last best. Good work cutting it down.

Any video?
i was going to get video but PRP had a mishap eariler this season with the boards shorting out. so there boards havent worked in many weeks. so figured why get video.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
i was going to get video but PRP had a mishap eariler this season with the boards shorting out. so there boards havent worked in many weeks. so figured why get video.
I video taped The Breeze at Mason Dixon Dragway in MD and their boards weren't working, gotta tell ya, you're right...it just isn't as fun watching a vid with no time reference.

The only nice thing about hot waether, IAT advance tables keep that advance dead even the whole time. Equates to some pretty competive bracket racing, hot weather.

Congrats!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:54 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new times! Now you have to change to 13 sec club.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

well, without video reference, can you inform if the new longbars he's got (obviously helping with wheel hop) noticeably helped weight transfer? (could you see it squattin?) seems to be one of my main issues... need to pop a little better squat...
Old 08-29-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NyteSnyper
well, without video reference, can you inform if the new longbars he's got (obviously helping with wheel hop) noticeably helped weight transfer? (could you see it squattin?) seems to be one of my main issues... need to pop a little better squat...
yeah that's what I was hoping to see. still only cutting a 1.9xx 60' though, but not bad.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

never read the whole post on his thread but are the bars have any angle in them at are or are they level??
Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

.....not bad at all for conditions of weather, once he gets headers, duals,X pipe, built trans and 3600 PI stall, and much cooler weather...this truck will deff be a solid runner
I agree, that exhaust is holding at least 30rwhp and that converter would only help.

Quick Reply: Beastmode's new times