Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Broke 11's!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:09 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
Are you now happy with your truck?
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. I kinda feel like there's nothing left to do now. It's a good feeling, but kind of an empty feeling. I want 10's, but realistically I've taken it as far as I can without going all out with a cage and everything, which I am not going to do. Stepping it up from here would be a TON of work for minimal gains. Probably not worth it IMO. I want to work on refining a few things like the hot parts and exhaust, but I can't really think of what else to do. Time to pay off my debts and start working on the GTO I guess.

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
Your truck rocks man. Congrats on the ZO6 kill too. Need to give yourself more credit, I don't think even a good driver could take you at all from stoplight to stoplight IMHO!
Z06 kill?

I felt like a dumbass out there, lol. Reverse burnouts, got warned for almost crossing the center line three times on a single run....not that I could help it though, the truck pretty much went where it wanted to go for the first half track lol.

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
LOL! yeah, from the way he talked before mid 12's is all I ever expected.
I was hoping to break 11's last night. I would have been happy with an 11.99...I definitely wasn't expecting it to go so deep. Part of me wanted to run and see if I could get kicked out for going under 11.5, but I got what I wanted and usually if I get greedy like that bad things happen, so I called it good.

Originally Posted by bpope
Awesome times, man! That thing is definately a sleeper! Do you know what your truck weighs in at?
I'm not sure about the weight. I removed the spare tire, tailgate, and speaker boxes for the run, but that's about it. I'm gonna guess somewhere around 5200-5300 with me in it. Never had it weighed though so I don't know for sure.

I put in all the information that I could find about the night into a DA calculator and it came up with -263 ft...so the air was definitely good, assuming I did it right.

Weather from that night....the track is at about 1200 ft IIRC.

Column headings are
Time - Temp - Felt Like - Dew Point - Humid. - Visib - Press - Wind

Old 12-24-2007, 05:57 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

congrats bro! that's haulin some serious *** right there!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:59 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
I was hoping to break 11's last night. I would have been happy with an 11.99...I definitely wasn't expecting it to go so deep. Part of me wanted to run and see if I could get kicked out for going under 11.5, but I got what I wanted and usually if I get greedy like that bad things happen, so I called it good.
How come they would kick you out for running under 11.5?
Old 12-24-2007, 07:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Dumb *** NHRA rules!

A roll bar is required in any convertible running 13.49 seconds or quicker in the quarter mile, and in other cars beginning at 11.49. The roll bar is accepted in vehicles running as quick as 10.00 second e.t., provided the stock firewall and floorboard is intact, other than for installation of wheel tubs. The rollbar must be constructed of minimum 1 ¾ inch o.d. x .118 inch wall mild steel tubing, or 1 ¾ x .083 chrome moly tubing, and must conform to the following diagram:
Old 12-24-2007, 07:08 PM
GFYS and STFU

Hmmm....I thought that rule only applied once you break into the 10's! Thanks for the heads up Derek I didn't know that!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Hmmm....I thought that rule only applied once you break into the 10's! Thanks for the heads up Derek I didn't know that!
NP man, I am very hesitant to cage the truck . I will be in the 10's though.
Looks like i may have to dial the truck into some consistent 11:50's then on my last run go all out!
Or ill just cage the damn thing
Ive been looking at some different designs of cages to make them more appealing to us RCSB guys!
You can have a pretty hidden cage built in your truck!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:41 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Derek @ EDO
NP man, I am very hesitant to cage the truck . I will be in the 10's though.
Looks like i may have to dial the truck into some consistent 11:50's then on my last run go all out!
Or ill just cage the damn thing
Ive been looking at some different designs of cages to make them more appealing to us RCSB guys!
You can have a pretty hidden cage built in your truck!
Well i'm actually happy to learn this. Knowing this I'm not interested in going past 11.50 now. Except for that last pass of the day when I'm leaving anyways, then it's all good about turning up the wick, like you said. This is my DD and there's no way I'm gonna be running around in a truck with a roll cage!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:57 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HOLY CRAP, NICE TIMES, DAMN, ****, WOW, WTF IS UP WITH THE 1.8 60' ?????

Nice runs
Old 12-24-2007, 08:18 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who really makes a kit for the trucks? Or are people using modified car kits..

dustin
Old 12-25-2007, 01:07 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Well i'm actually happy to learn this. Knowing this I'm not interested in going past 11.50 now. Except for that last pass of the day when I'm leaving anyways, then it's all good about turning up the wick, like you said. This is my DD and there's no way I'm gonna be running around in a truck with a roll cage!

If you run at sac during a test and tune, they won't say anything, well at leaset they didn't say anything to me... but I was just a 10th or so too fast about seven times in a row

Thunder550 what boost were you running? meth? "Radix crutch" (nitrous)?

Quick Reply: Broke 11's!