Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Calling all Drag Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
This isn't out of the question for me to make it to. Might be a great way to Test out the truck.

At what point do you have to decide what you are going to run? Would I be able to make some test passes, then pick a class?
maybe but prob not. they should tech you to the class your going to run to make sure you meet theirs or nhra requirements whichever they are going by. what are you expecting to run?
Old 02-11-2012, 11:41 AM

Hey guys what's up? Are you still thinking about last year, or preparing for this year? Are you working on new mods and stepping up your game? Don't miss this event where Size Matters! Come throw your weight around at one of the best tracks in the North East and enjoy the good times with other heavy weights in multiple different classes including the Big Dogs, run whatcha brung, and hope you brung enough!

Don't miss the pre-registration discount... Register - NSHS1

See you there!

• What: Northern Super Heavy Shootout is Drag Racing event for cars, trucks, SUV's, etc. that weigh a Minimum of 4,000 pounds with driver. Yes, there will be scales!
  • When: March 31st, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. (Rain Date: Sunday April 1st)
  • Where: Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun Maryland
  • Why: Because SIZE Matters!

We have a race class for just about everyone...Classes - NSHS1

Bracket Classes:
  • Street - 14.0 and slower
  • Heavy - 13.99 and faster

Heads Up Classes:
  • 12.0 Index
  • Pro Street - Limited Power Adder (1 Power Adder < 5.7L <= No Power adders).
  • Big Dog - Run what ya brung!

See who's gonna be there...Participants - NSHS1

If you don't want to race, no problem. The car show is between the burnout box and the starting line!

Old 02-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by schino
maybe but prob not. they should tech you to the class your going to run to make sure you meet theirs or nhra requirements whichever they are going by. what are you expecting to run?
Well it certanly won't work for me then. I am setting a goal of 11.75 but should run low 11s. It would be the first time the truck is at the track so I would need some testing time. I probably won't have the money to make it regaurdless. I plan to try to make it to some of these meets after the truck is all dialed in next year.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

rat, multiple classes gotta buy multiple tech cards? 2 step is out on heavy eliminator? also you allow deep staging even if you dont hold the light?
Old 02-11-2012, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish this was closer to South Carolina or at least a ride up there on a trailer. I need another truck! Looking at 608 miles one way.

Heads up, Pro Street - Limited Power Adder (1 Power Adder < 5.7L <= No Power adders)

Looks like a good class for old red!

Last edited by foose04; 02-11-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by custm2500
Well it certanly won't work for me then. I am setting a goal of 11.75 but should run low 11s. It would be the first time the truck is at the track so I would need some testing time. I probably won't have the money to make it regaurdless. I plan to try to make it to some of these meets after the truck is all dialed in next year.
Come sort it out at in the T&T lanes. You won't get as many runs at your local track in 2 days as you will on this day. Then party in the parking lot after the race. The after race festivities are legendary.

rat, multiple classes gotta buy multiple tech cards? 2 step is out on heavy eliminator? also you allow deep staging even if you dont hold the light?
You only need 1 tech card, but you're limited to the number of classes you can join. You can do one bracket class and one heads up class, as well as the Big Dogs. All heads up classes are a 16 car field based on top 16 qualifiers in each class.

Originally Posted by foose04
Wish this was closer to South Carolina or at least a ride up there on a trailer. I need another truck! Looking at 608 miles one way.

Heads up, Pro Street - Limited Power Adder (1 Power Adder < 5.7L <= No Power adders)

Looks like a good class for old red!
Hell, that's not that far. I've driven down to GA from PA more times than I can count for the Southern shootout, which BTW is in November. Just come up and run it, you won't regret it. You'd have a very good chance of taking Pro Street, and I'd love to see it!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How hardcore do they tech? My truck isn't a real PRO-street/ nhra sertup lol, I have no cage. Factory seat/belts and airbags. Do have a drive-shaft loop. I won't be happy if I make one mid low 10 sec run and get told i'm done. The Pro-Tee is going to kill me to as well as my rig won't 2-step in time. I got some idea's how to fix it, but the Tech would be my first and main issue.

Any idea what won the classes last yet?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 PM

Tech is generally a breeze. Most guys don't ask any questions, you sign the release and they give you an arm band. Done! It's an NHRA Track, and they will enforce the rules if you try to bend them too far. That said, I've seen them let a lot slide, including back to back 9 sec. runs without a cage or license. If you get a warning, just back off and stay under the radar until the last run of the day. And for Gods sake don't make a big production out of it like a grudge run against a 9 sec car with 10 people at the line all whoop'n and holler'n because they'll turn the clocks off and you won't get a time slip.

This is the first year for this class. You'll be up against a some 10 and 11 second cars.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:53 PM

Sorry I didn't answer all the questions.

A single tech card is all you need to run all damn day in enough classes to keep you in the lanes and out of the pits. Got Depends?

The bracket classes are foot break only. You can use your two step or a transbrake in the heads up classes though.

You can deep stage, but I suggest you go in first and be ready to turn off the top bulb as soon as you see the other guys pre-stage bulb go on, otherwise autostart will kick in and you could foul.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:08 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Sounds like a fun event, too bad is about 1500 miles away from me.
Brackets and the 12.00 index is like my kind of fun.

Quick Reply: Calling all Drag Trucks