Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Couple clips from Sundays 8th.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Couple clips from Sundays 8th.

Got the truck fixed and managed a couple good runs at 19psi to include a nice butt kicking from a local friends nitrous mustang. I'm not sure his setup, but he dropped the hammer.

Later I tried the bottle with boost coming in around 21psi, but it was over before the 60 mark. Have to find the best spot to add the power in, just need some more testing. Was a fun night and still got take the boat out Monday so i'm not bitching.

April 15,2012 Dorchester - YouTube

Chillerman April 15th,2012 - YouTube

Slip from beat down...

First time out on the boat this year, beautiful day out at Lake Marion, SC.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great run and video. Run on Friday and take the boat out on Sunday is cool, bet ya the mustang can't do that. What stall are you running.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Your stuff is bad ***
Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Always hate to see a mustang win but you will never see that mustang pulling a boat! I love your truck because it is not only fast as hell but still 100% functional as a truck.

P.S. Can you point me to or quickly explain your set up? If I am correct it is a stock long block? and obviously a good deal of boost. I can't remeber if you have a cam, studs or anything done to the internals.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, Blown I'm picky on my toys man, took me 3 years to find my boat lol.

It's a stock long block with 02 ls6 cam, 1518 spings, arp head studs/ls9 gaskets.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good runs, and nice 60 ft. time, too. Is the guy that owns the Mustang black or white?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Any thoughts on when your heads might start holding you back, if they aren't already?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Any thoughts on when your heads might start holding you back, if they aren't already?
This is an interesting question but I would think in a force fed engine heads would almost never "hold you back". You certainly can make more power with a better head but I would think the higher psi would only "improve" any set of heads. Each runner can move a massive amount of air(more then any one cylinder could ever use I would think) therefore since it is being force fed it negates what hurts a head in a N/A application.
Now exhaust I would think could always use some improvement but with a nice header I wonder how much the exhaust side of the head( being so short) effects power on a FI engine. I would still think virtually any head would keep up due to the force feeding of the engine.

Maybe I am way off base and someone will tell me if I am but this is what it seems like to me when it comes to force inducted engines. Head still play a roll in making power but there effect is much much less.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mustang is a local guy here, white guy, first name is Will. I'm pretty sure it is a track only car as I think it doesn't have plates on it. It's a fast car though, he post up going 9.6 in the 1/4 a few years back, so it's no slouch. We just happen to get paired up, I knew it wasn't going to be good for the home team, just tried to get a light and tail wind lol. I was able to keep him within the camera, I'll take that.

As for heads, not sure... I do have a couple box's outside in the garage though... Just been lazy/happy with current performance.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
Maybe I am way off base and someone will tell me if I am but this is what it seems like to me when it comes to force inducted engines. Head still play a roll in making power but there effect is much much less.
The effect certainly is less with forced induction, but consider his 4.8 is flowing near 3 times the amount of air that those heads are designed for on a stock application. There is only so much air that can be shoved though a cross-sectional area given a pressure differential across the runner. I'm curious how much the stock heads are holding back power at this point.

Quick Reply: Couple clips from Sundays 8th.