Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

fast lightning

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank02L
Looks like that tailwind was affecting the beams a little bit. I've had my burnout smoke do that before.

I bet you are stuck with 16s on that rear brake setup too arent you?

That thing launches hard. What are you guys going to do for a built 5R110?
The truck came with 17`s we had Bogart Racing Wheels make some Custom 16`s for it an they are beautful.

For the trans that is up in the air at this point.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Too bad you can't go to 15s for the tire selection. Although it doesnt look like you guys are having the tires 'paw' as much as I have been having.

I know my truck (f250) wont fit 16s "normally"... I would think the brakes are very key to helping that truck launch.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Teching In

I think the 16" tires I have are the ticket now. Would've been way cheaper with 15's for sure.

If I would have had just another day out of the trans, I think the 1.40 would have happened. I was still a bit gun-shy on the launch, being the week before it twisted off a yoke on the line.

Spring can't come soon enough.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ice-Monkey
I think the 16" tires I have are the ticket now. Would've been way cheaper with 15's for sure.

If I would have had just another day out of the trans, I think the 1.40 would have happened. I was still a bit gun-shy on the launch, being the week before it twisted off a yoke on the line.

Spring can't come soon enough.
I hear ya on that last part! You could do like me, just travel south until you find a track open. Thats what I'm going to do on 1/27. Its about 3.5hrs for me but it'd be probably 1000 miles for you just to get here. haha

What DS are you running? The shaft has a 4 bolt flange on the front and rear doesnt it? With the slip yoke in the middle of the shaft?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ice-Monkey
Ah, that wonderful, "What's the next weak link" thing!

How do you build boost at the line? I started experimenting with a two step last year, and that's obviously not an option for you and the timing controls I'm adding for this year aren't either. I wouldn't think there's a 'brake available for your transmission either (I'm leaving off a foot brake with a big 3000 rpm stall converter).

Hope you come to the WFC! "Snow White" needs a little competition.

Last edited by FMOS Racing; 01-15-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Way too hang it out there Frank,,,,
Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats! There certainly are some wicked Lightnings out there. We wanted to buy one except we needed seating for 5 at the time.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FMOS Racing
Ah, that wonderful, "What's the next weak link" thing!

How do you build boost at the line? I started experimenting with a two step last year, and that's obviously not an option for you and the timing controls I'm adding for this year aren't either. I wouldn't think there's a 'brake available for your transmission either (I'm leaving off a foot brake with a big 3000 rpm stall converter).

Hope you come to the WFC! "Snow White" needs a little competition.
Plan on seeing me at WFC this year.

I've only left on about 18-20 lbs. so far. The brakes will hold maybe 30 lbs., so it's got more left. Need to change the exhaust so the starting beams don't get fouled by the smoke. But I'm not into "stacks"......
Old 01-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frank02L

What DS are you running? The shaft has a 4 bolt flange on the front and rear doesnt it? With the slip yoke in the middle of the shaft?
Just a one piece 4" chromoly, with the rear 4 bolt flange. Went to bigger bolts.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where did you get the CM shaft from? I have a 4" aluminum shaft but I'm somewhat concerned with it.

Cant wait to check out the truck at WFC! I Love some fast oil burners!

Quick Reply: fast lightning