Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Finally getting to go to the track.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cam should get this guy to a 13.0 maybe a 12.9 if lucky.
88 Mustang GT 13.34@102 MPH - YouTube

When you start at 14.5 you have a long way to go to make a 12.99 pass.
5.0 mustang stock 1/4 mile - YouTube

Another high 14 stock.
stock 5.0 mustang 1/4 mile - YouTube

Last edited by custm2500; 11-19-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll bet you $1,000 I can take a "stock" 5.0 fox body and for less than the money bet, run 10's

Basically, once again, you're a moron. Your track "results" are generally **** with everything you take to the track. I don't understand the point of this thread. Are you trying to say fords are slow? While I am most definitely a Chevy guy, the SBF is a great platform...Guess where much of the head design of the LS motor came from?

I agree, Alot of the mustang Gt's you see on the road are slow junk. BUT, anyone who wants to put a little work into one, can make them very quick. Put some nitrous on them or strap a turbo on the front and look out. And even if they don't make a lot of power, the car is so light the suspension works so well that even a mediocre powered stang will drag that throw together pile of yours all the way down broadway
Old 11-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

The point of the thread was the results of the this mustang, and the fact that my Tahoe ran 16.5.

How are my track results ****? Everything I have on my truck and this car are backed up by video. I am sorry that a solid comparison I made isn't completely scientific and 100% backed up by every piece of info and parameter possible. But as far as me saying what this car ran, what my truck has ever ran it is 100% legit.

If you are so confident in your claim that mustangs aren't as slow as i say they are, then post videos. Problem with random videos you never know the true story but people don't generally lie that they are stock then run a crappy time.

Again you can build anything to be fast but mustangs just take a lot more work. When you start off at 14.5 and mods don't make a big difference that means your car is slow. When my standard is set by F-bodies that run mid 13s stock and with VERY little work they run 12s without issue.

If you would ever get over your misconceptions about me you might not look like such a dick all the time and the forum could be more usefully for you, me and everyone. I understand I have some wild ideas and if there weren't people with wild ideas then this world would not have evolved past the stone wheel. You have this concept that every idea I have ever had is rolling down the highway every day.

For the record a good deal of SC or turbo mustangs(stock block) only run into the 12s and again if it is one of there only mods many still run in the 13s. Again solidifying they are slow.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by Phantom
I'll bet you $1,000 I can take a "stock" 5.0 fox body and for less than the money bet, run 10's
I don't have a $1000 to bet but if I did I would take that bet any day. That is rediculous because if that was possible everyone would have 10 sec mustangs.

It seems you walk with a very performance oriented group so I would guess you have lots of performance parts hanging around and if that is how you would make a 10 second stang then it wouldn't be done with $1000. No matter how you slice it if you start with a normal car running 10s isn't a $1000 deal.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 100% stock (even the original size and make tires) 92 lx hatchback which is heavier than your friends trunk car ran 13.91. I had to drive the **** out of it to achieve that number and it for sure wasnt my first time down the 1320 in it when I clicked off the best pass.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Do you have proof. If it is true then you honestly have one of the fastest stock mustangs of that era and you were at the bottom of a very deep cold hole with an amazing DA.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:08 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW dude. Your going to call BS when you can not even put up to it.. Your claims as as racer is vial.. App you are still in your own world(just cuz I can't do it or cars around my track cant" ) means the number of us are full of ****?? Let me refresh you on most of you posts. We do not hate on you because we do not like you. Your prob a pretty cool dude. BUT the **** you come off with is fukin insane.. As if you are on some type of mind altering drugs, or whatever.. Your not talking to a class of 10 year olds when you post this BS. Most of us have BEEN THERE before, so we know WTF is going on. But you persistently try to prove your points, your just wrong. Good spirits is one thing but the **** you you come off with most of the time just makes you look idiotic.. Frankly at this point I do not even know why people post in your thread, including my self. But we still do try and help and , maybe give you a bit of edgumacation, you mite see it differently.. App it hasn't helped none.. So once you get that bad *** truck done come talk some real talk..
Old 11-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I asked for proof on his claim that is far from everything I have seen in person and on a track.

If you are refering to making a 10 sec car for $1000 I think most of us see that as impossible. I said I would take that bet if I had the cash to back it up. That means wile I am 99% sure it isn't possible there is a slim chance in hell for it to happen. My guess is having parts laying around was his plan. **** a set of used slicks is $200 minimum $800 doesn't by much hp no matter how you slice it.

If you see atleast 150 cars at two local tracks(milan and norwalk), a few at the local street racers, plenty on local and national forums, then event more on youtube and they consistaly come back with a similar result. Then someone with no proof, other then there words on the internet, claims something not close to that? Obviously most people are going to call BS untill they are proved wrong.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by custm2500
5.0 mustang 1/4 mile pass in car - YouTube
Corrected claim is 12.5 but I count a full 13 seconds plus from start to finish.

This guy drives the car like he's going to the grocery store. He needs to rape the **** outta that clutch and throttle work
Old 11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see how you couldn't go 10s with 1000 bucks... Gears-150 slicks-350 nitrous kit-500... If you know how to drive the car it would run that number... Like I said in my first post, the difference in a fast car and a slow car is normally the driver.

Quick Reply: Finally getting to go to the track.