Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Finally getting to go to the track.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have figured the 5.0 would and should have been a lil faster myself even on radials, the car is a lightweight. As far as going 10's for 1000 bucks or less.....if you are having to buy the parts with that money, I don't see how that would happen. How can you pick up 3 seconds in the 1/4 for a grand? I want that **** for my car...lol. A **** load of spray might get it close if it would stay together, I just don't see it happening.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Only has to stay together once for me to win the bet.

If people can make a 4000+ pound truck run 12s for $1000, why would anything think you couldn't make a sub 3000# car with awesome factory suspension, run 10s for the same money? Y'all need to step out of the LS truck world a little bit and see what other people do to go fast.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know what people do to go fast but 10s for $1000 event one run isn't possible. Again wright a book and it will sell a million copies I am sure. I will be first in line because some info like that is stuff we all need.

I don't know anyone running 12s in a truck for only $1000. Not saying it hasn't happened but event buying used parts I don't see it.

I spend plenty of time out of the LS truck world and that is why I am the only one posting videos and facts. Everyone else is "my donkey can run 10s" with no proof or info.

Again maybe I am wrong in my guess but it seems like you hang with a group of guys with a good deal of money and they all race cars, it is nothing to throw togather a 9-10-11 second car. Just like you would see on PINKS, we just built the car last week, motor is his, chassis is mine, and we had a trans laying around in the shop. Well hell yes you can run fast as **** and it didnt' cost you anything.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Which means...you'd lose the bet

You don't think you could an LS truck run 12's for $1000???

Not including the price of the truck 5.3 regular cab with stock 3.73s and 4l60e as the base truck

Used cam $200
Used 918springs $80
Used 7.400 pushrods $50
Used TCI Super Street fighter converter $200
Used full 10# nitrous bottle $125
Used fuel and nitrous solenoids $75
Used 12' -4 nitrous feed line $20
Used nitrous outlet plate $200
Tune it myself using efi live $free
T&T entry $15

Total cost ~$960

I know FOR A FACT I can run 12's in a late model gm truck like stated above for less than $1000

Now you're going to say, "well not without a sticky tire" Who doesn't know someone that wouldn't loan them a set of slicks to make a point like this???SO, tires FREE.

Now, you really think someone couldn't take a sub 3000# car with 302 and factory race car suspension and run 10's? You're out of your ******* mind.

Custom2500, you are the dumbest ************ I've ever ran across on the internet. You try to create your own throttle body using pieces of metal you probably stole from a bum that was using it as a crack pipe and then you try to say something is "impossible"? Goddam you're a ******* moron. I can't even fathom what goes through your mind before you make a post.

Most of the people who have slow v8 mustangs are people who don't care about going fast or are **** who really wanted a v6 convertible mustang but their dads don't want to believe they're gay and buy them a v8 in hopes to somewhat straighten them out. Unfortunately it doesn't work and they just add shiny wheels and neon underglows and rainbow stickers to it. Then they take it to the track or local races and get beat by some douchebag with a piece of ****, hacked up truck that gets on the internet and brags about how he fucked up some pile of **** v8 mustang racecar.

Don't get me wrong, I am a diehard chevy fanatic through and through. That's the way my daddy raised me. But I also love and respect all fast vehicles, no matter what the make. It's people like you who think the LSx is the end all be all that gives the platform a bad name.

Go to a mustang forum and take a look. There is the same bragging about them beating up on our slow *** trucks. Their are way more fast mustangs than there are fast trucks or even fbodys. There is a reason you see so many mustangs at these heads up events across the country. They're cheap to buy, they're cheap to build, the suspension is excellent for drag racing. Factory 4-link, strut front end, and aftermarket pieces to make the already great suspension better are CHEAP. Will I ever own a mustang? Hell no. It's a gay *** mustang. lol
Old 11-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of those prices you aren't gong to come by very often. Converter is the main one.

Few people have EFI live. I personally own a set of slicks, I don't know anyone else that has slicks so i couldn't borrow a set. Most people are in my shoes too.

If you get lucky with deals of the century on all the parts and borrow a set of slicks, you could run 12s in our trucks. Tires, tune, converter, nitrous, and weight reduction I went mid 13s. I had around $1000 into the truck at that point and might have cracked a high 12 on a perfect run.

Running 10s is a different ball game especially when you start so slow(13.5 ish). Traction becomes a much bigger issue as you drop into the 12 and only is more of an issue the lower you go. You know that plenty well.

P.S. I see you are in the 12 sec club. Did you spend close to $1000 to get there? Hell no because if you did you would say "look at my 12 sec, $1000 truck".
Old 11-21-2011, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

I spent less than $1k because I ran it with a stock converter and a small 212/218 cam that I got for $175 and ls6 valve springs I got for $50.

My run down of my 12.86 at 107mph pass

$175 212/218 cam
$50 ls6 valve springs
$80 NEW pushrods
$200 nitrous outlet plate
$125 full 10# nitrous bottle
$20 -4 feed line
$100 fuel and nitrous solenoids
$15 dollar T&T entry fee
FREE Tune
FREE 275/60-15 drag radials I borrowed from some guy I met at the track that day

Total cost ~$765

My truck ran 15.31 bone stock as the day I bought it from the dealership

I still don't have a ton of money in my setup. I don't have an unlimited budget to work with. I do shop around for some things. I bought my "fully built" 4L80 for $500

You're right, not everyone can do things like this. They don't have the means to be able to save money in some places. I'm lucky enough that I can. I have a great bunch of friends that allow me to use their tools and help me out along the way to do alot of projects.

It's not always about spending the most money. The old saying goes "cheap, fast, reliable. pick two" Cheap and fast prolly not going to be reliable. You better be able to fix it when it breaks. Fast and reliable ain't gonna be cheap. Better be ready to spend some dollars. Cheap and reliable prolly not gonna be too fast. Don't be lookin to set the scoreboards on fire. Of course cheap is a relative term to some, but you get the idea. But then again, reliable is relative to some as is fast...12.86 was flying to me back then, my truck was super reliable because I still daily drove it, but $700 wasn't exactly cheap for me at the time.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

P.S. My truck has always been heavy. There was no weight reduction on that run. 4600+ pounds
Old 11-21-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and if youre not a moron, those deals arent that difficult to come by... you shop around enough and dont just jump on the first good deal you find you can find some cheap stuff. i personally think you should just stay off the forum at least until you get your truck done because everything you post is bullshit. everyone has tried to be nice to you as much as possible but you cant fix stupid...
Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
Do you have proof. If it is true then you honestly have one of the fastest stock mustangs of that era and you were at the bottom of a very deep cold hole with an amazing DA.

If timeslips from 2003-2005 are enough proof, then yes I have proof. I am currently out of town working but when i get home I will see what I can dig up.

I have no reason to lie, My last foxbody ( a 93 hatch) with nothing more than a MAC catback and draglites went 13.80s with 2.73 gears. That was a 170K mile longblock with the timing bumped to 14* and no air silencer.

If you want to further doubt me, by all means make the trip to beech bend raceway park in bowling green KY. Yes the track is usually pretty fast. But its not below sea level by any means. truck in avatar runs 15.20s there weighing in at 4960 pounds with me and all my stuff in it. Oh it also had over 250K miles on it when it made that pass.

Only video I have of it running. batteries died in camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_OMBvBkR64

Last edited by Kemble; 11-21-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

custm2500: do u really think by making your stupid comments and fights people will start to like you? let go man! why are you in this forum in the first place? becuz heres ALOT of very useful information, respect the people, learn to say: ok im wrong, thanx for the advice etc...

seems like you just try to **** everybody off, remember every friend is like a rock on water, the day your in trouble and u need to cross the water u can use the rocks

try respecting members here and being nice to them for a while and see if that will change anything