Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

finally got the bottle on an ran my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool finally got the bottle on an ran my truck!

well to be honest its been a while since i've been on this site, it makes me made all the time when i look around here n c how people have such nasty trucks ahah, i had my truck stock it ran best time 16.51 n put shorty headers superchips programmer K&N fipk w/ a custom ram air tube, eaton posi in the rear, and a B&M shift improver kit, best time after all that was consistant low 16.3's everyone told me to supercharge it or turbo it but w/ the money that cost i could buy a mustang GT or Z28 n put 4.10's w/ a cat back n drag radials n probley easy run 13's all day, and being that i am only 18 n still pay 4 the truck its self this was sum wat of a bugit build up, i wanted sometin that was cheap an affordable that i believed i could trust i worked up $800 bucks, called jegs n ordered there nitrous express GM kit wit a purge, i didnt know wat i was getting myself into, i followed the easy instructions n in 6hrs timein my driveway had it all done, got the bottled filled n tested it on the street wit a 75 shot, it was strong but didnt seem to have the umb, i wanted i regapped all my plugs to .030's n put the tuner on 87 octane performance setting, filled it wit 93 octane an took her to the track on a cool night first pass 14.56@ 92mph in 4wd!!!!!! i was flipping out i didnt know wat to do wit myself no one on earth could get the **** eating grin off my face! to drop almost 2 full seconds from $800 bucks, the next week i ordered the fuel prssure, nitrous pressure, n a air to fuel ratio gauge with a a pillar, along wit a methonal injection cooler kit, 4 shooting it on hot days if every needed, i also got a power aid throttle body spacer since io figured, that make help a bit spinning the mixture of nitrous fuel an air into the intake, i changed the oil, n trans fluid, while also taking my 200lb box that includes my sub woofers n amp in it, and took the spare tire off, before the next track meet, on a test a tune night, i finally ran it again, this time after the 60ft mark hitting the button an witching it from 4wd back to 2wd 14.17 @ 99mph i was shakin up i know that isnt fast to some, but a truck that weight in a 5742lbs wit driver an 1/2 of gas, u gotta say wat most have said so far "you would never expect that out of a truck that looks like any other"
Old 07-22-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

feels good huh?!
Old 07-22-2007, 11:51 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good job, that is a great improvement.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:57 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noturaverageZ
$800 bucks, called jegs n ordered there nitrous express GM kit wit a purge
i regapped all my plugs to .030's n put the tuner on 87 octane performance setting, filled it wit 93 octane an took her to the track on a cool night first pass 14.56@ 92mph in 4wd!!!!!!
the next week i ordered the fuel prssure, nitrous pressure, n a air to fuel ratio gauge with a a pillar, along wit a methonal injection cooler kit, 4 shooting it on hot days if every needed, i also got a power aid throttle body spacer since io figured, that make help a bit spinning the mixture of nitrous fuel an air into the intake, i changed the oil, n trans fluid, while also taking my 200lb box that includes my sub woofers n amp in it, and took the spare tire off, before the next track meet, on a test a tune night, i finally ran it again, this time after the 60ft mark hitting the button an witching it from 4wd back to 2wd 14.17 @ 99mph i was shakin up i know that isnt fast to some, but a truck that weight in a 5742lbs wit driver an 1/2 of gas, u gotta say wat most have said so far "you would never expect that out of a truck that looks like any other"
It's really hard to read such a long sentence BUT....Congratts on the new times.
1) Use TR6 plugs
2) unless your going to tap the spacer and inject nitrous thru it dont waste your money.
3) Methanol kit? Skip it, cant imagine it will help your setup any.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hell yeah!! Now go **** up an SS and watch his face when he gets in your rearview mirror!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Up the shot run a 125/150 shot but maybe use some higher octane gas just to be safe. BTW the extra kick feels good doesn't it.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Teching In

haha thanks guys, is does feel good to know i can roll up to a gt mustang or sometin close to it n laugh, or at least smile, i ran my boys vortec maxx 4wd crew cab wit intake true duels n chip killed him, so i know a SS will be found soon =-) sry this thread was so long i just had so much to tell, but you seriously think it would b ok wit a 125 shot??? i feel like im pushin it wit a 100shot on stock bottom end now i mean it my daily driver 4 now lol, n to answer another question 4 the methnol injection it was my boys idea witch has had a few cars wit nitrous, he says it really doesnt rob it of any power its just a lil safer for the motor in case i ever wanna run it on a shot day, is that correct? or am i wastin my time wit that? but thanks again guys
Old 07-25-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, thats a big difference in time.......congrats
Old 07-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Meth is a waste of money. Put the fuel one pill higher and you will run it a bit rich and will be safer. I sprayed 30+ bottles of 100 shot and a couple bottles of 150 shot through my motor that had 180K on it. You need to get a custom tune and stop playing with the superchips, you will get more power and be safer.