Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Finally made it to the track tonight!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zippy
That was available with a 4.3L V6.
ah... i didnt know what he had swapped from. i guess that makes more sense.. i was almost positive that no v-8 had less than 3.23 ratio..

very good for those gears, and a 5 speed at that! first time at the track with a manual, most people screw up pretty bad!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man that is bad a$$ 2.10 60' with 3.08 gears i'd go with 4.10's with a 5 speed. man that is some great times.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timmer1
Almost every time I went up, they put me next to cars with slicks running 125 mph in the high 5's low 6's. I hadn't a chance with them, but I did get to race a v8 conversion in an s10 with slicks and I beat him. Also beat one of those 350z cars that I don't know much about, other than someone told me they were fast. He didn't seem too happy, especially after the second time around and I got him again.

Where do you go? ..Skyview.
Thats about what my times were when I first went. It gets addicting. Wait till you start spanking Mustangs, Camaros, and then the Vettes. That just throws fuel on the fire and your bank account will never be the same again................
Old 09-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Raffman
Where do you go? ..Skyview.
Thats about what my times were when I first went. It gets addicting. Wait till you start spanking Mustangs, Camaros, and then the Vettes. That just throws fuel on the fire and your bank account will never be the same again................
Yup, closest place to me. I really would like to find a 1/4 mile track closer, but the 1/8 mile is alot of fun. Do you run there? I was hoping to see some trucks running, but there was only the s10 that I was talkin about and a crew cab silverado that I believe was stock, playing around. My tires are shot now, so I have to get another set on. I was thinking of going friday again, but only if I can get another set of tires on by then.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by timmer1
Yup, closest place to me. I really would like to find a 1/4 mile track closer, but the 1/8 mile is alot of fun. Do you run there? I was hoping to see some trucks running, but there was only the s10 that I was talkin about and a crew cab silverado that I believe was stock, playing around. My tires are shot now, so I have to get another set on. I was thinking of going friday again, but only if I can get another set of tires on by then.
Yes thats where I run, I'm in the middle of swapping motors right now and it will be a couple of weeks before I get back there. Usually go to test & tune on fri nights, haven't been to the sat race yet.. maybe next year.
I run the ET streets 28" bias slicks there and they hook.
I'll give you a holler when I'm going again, we need more trucks there.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Raffman
Yes thats where I run, I'm in the middle of swapping motors right now and it will be a couple of weeks before I get back there. Usually go to test & tune on fri nights, haven't been to the sat race yet.. maybe next year.
I run the ET streets 28" bias slicks there and they hook.
I'll give you a holler when I'm going again, we need more trucks there.
Sounds good, let me know. Where abouts do you live? I didn't even know any members were around this area.