Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

First Nissan Titan to hit the 12's NA!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Nissan Titan to hit the 12's NA!!

This was my first time back at the track since i had the IPT built tranny, ipt upgraded valvebody, and ipt 3400 stall, and let me tell you i was shocked at the gains, never in my wildest dreams would i thought i'd gain .8 in the 1/4 mile with tranny modifications.. This mod is not for the faint of heart,lol slicks will be needed at a minimum, took 3 runs before i found out what psi the slicks would hook at..

Track weather info at 7:30pm
DA was 1550ft, 75.4F, 67.2 DP, 75% humidty 130ft above sealevel, 29.85BP

Well the truck is definatly going thru the gears MUCH MUCH faster now, my truck is actually trying (bouncing off the rev limiter) to shift into 4th gear about 150ft before the end of the track.. I raced a heavily modded mustang tonight with a built motor and he stopped at the end of the track and said "Damn your running good!!" made me definatly feel good to be right on the bumper of a 12.7 sec mustang,lol and I ran on the motor all night, my truck isnt wanting to shift till 6300 rpms now and is bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd gear so i didn't want to chance using any N20 and mess up my valve springs, guess that will be my next mod the upgraded Jim Wolf Valve springs then probably raise my rev limiter to 6500.. i'm soo stoked right now, i still cant believe a transmission build could make such a huge diffrence on a cruddy weather night.. Rossi said the humidity was near 93% when i ran that 12.9 run at 1030..
i don't think this truck will have any problems getting into the mid 12's on motor once i fix the rev limiter issue, and get some upgraded valve springs..

Video of last nights runs:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g8qlKYFTAx8

Here are the time slips in the order i ran them in.. started out with 28psi in each slick and decreased 1 psi every run till they finally grabbed,lol

run1

run2 no cool down let out 1psi in the slick little better still slipping like crazy though,lol

run3 almost into the 12's still not much of a cool down 26psi in the slick

run4 1 hr cooldown and let out 1more psi in the slick grabbed pretty hard
Old 07-19-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

very nice times. 1 quick nissan
Old 07-19-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice times and nice 60's but you need to wake up on the tree!! LOL!! Good running Titan for sure. Now get that spray going and put it in the 11's!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by LowBlack99
Nice times and nice 60's but you need to wake up on the tree!! LOL!! Good running Titan for sure. Now get that spray going and put it in the 11's!!!
yea this damn IHRA track here uses a .5xx light as being a perfect light, it messes me up trying to launch here compared to a normal NHRA track where usually i can leave soon as the 2nd yellow lights up, if i do that here=redlight, lol
plus having to try to stall it at 3k kinda took my mind off the tree, just need lot more practice damn truck was definatly moving outta the hole though compared to my 2.0 60' before i got these ipt tranny mods done

Last edited by Toomnymods; 07-19-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Toomnymods
yea this damn IHRA track here uses a .5xx light as being a perfect light, it messes me up trying to launch here compared to a normal NHRA track where usually i can leave soon as the 2nd yellow lights up, if i do that here=redlight, lol
plus having to try to stall it at 3k kinda took my mind off the tree, just need lot more practice damn truck was definatly moving outta the hole though compared to my 2.0 60' before i got this ipt tranny mods done
We run a .5 light here in Memphis as well. I do a count thing in my head and launch when the last yellow lights full. Sit back and watch the lights for a couple runs and get the timing of them down and you'll get it. Also don't worry about redlight unless your bracket or elimination running. Your gonna get a few from time to time but when you can get to the .5xxx-.7xxx you will find that you can get a good jump an a faster car and still get the win. Get there, find a consistent launch pattern and go bracket racing and make some money for more mods!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow thats awesome! congrats
Old 07-19-2008, 06:58 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Damn tommy truck is runnning badd ****, see ya soon here at hrp.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

wow your truck is running damn good!! were you having any tracton issues? what is your raceweight? when are you coming to HRP?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Made in South Korea

Very nice, glad to see you have a built tranny with mods that works well!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ap2002
wow your truck is running damn good!! were you having any tracton issues? what is your raceweight? when are you coming to HRP?
race weight with me in vehicle is 4870.. will be back at hrp come this dec. prob the week before christmas, would really like your help in trying to help me figure out how to get these custom made traction bars to work better,lol i don't know much about suspension stuff but they are double heimed and know they can be preloaded, but really don't understand what to do,lol yea i was having a ton of traction issues till my slicks hit 25psi then they grabbed very good, with 20psi they had too much traction and lost 3mph in trap speed and 60' was actually 1/10th slower
watch the video it has a progression of racing with what i normally ran with before the 3400 stall and experimenting to find out what worked best..

Quick Reply: First Nissan Titan to hit the 12's NA!!