Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

First passes :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

i wouldnt waste any more time and money on a mail order tune have some one local dyno/road tune it
Old 12-13-2008, 08:47 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
i wouldnt waste any more time and money on a mail order tune have some one local dyno/road tune it

or do it yourself..... not saying anything bad about anyone who does mail order tuning... ... but there is only so much you can do to a tune without loging the results of the changes made.....
Old 12-13-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing

or do it yourself..... not saying anything bad about anyone who does mail order tuning... ... but there is only so much you can do to a tune without loging the results of the changes made.....
absolutely, for all you know you there could be some setting that could be pulling timing out. never know until logging it. i say a mail order is fine on a stock truck but anything more id get a custom tune
Old 12-13-2008, 09:27 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Blackbear if nobody in your area does tunes.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
since when are you coming back to AZ traitor!?
maybe for a bit some time after the first of the year
Old 12-13-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
Try Blackbear if nobody in your area does tunes.
Blackbear is only one that will send you a tuned pcm and send you scan cable to log the new tuned pcm to see where it is then make the need adjustments. He did my first tune and it was money well spent and he doesn't lock his PCM like other tunners. I've had few friend get their truck or car tuned by Nick'd as well.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Justin is a very good tuner, I agree. I feel that he is certainly in the top 5 and honestly possibly the best tuner out there. Charlie is also very good and I'm sure if it is a tuning issue he can fix it. My recomendation for most with a modified truck is to buy their own tuning software. You don't have to tune the truck yourself, just use the software for logging and loading the tunes that your tuner sends you. Sort of like Justin does you can log your truck, send your tuner your latest file and log file via e-mail, and then load in an updated file once your tuner reviews the log and updates your file. Without being in person this is by far the best way. It also leaves some the option of having someone good tuning their truck. Too many have went to local tuners that do nothing but make the vehicle worse than before they got there. Many people and shops call themselves tuners because they have bought software. One of my friends for example brought his truck in for a dyno session. The guy there talked him into letting him touch his tune saying that he could make it so much better than it was. His first attempt was 70hp less than when he got there. He then tried two more times and couldn't get it within 50hp of what the truck had when he got there. Of course my friend ended up having him put the truck back to how it was when he got there, but the point is that an in person tune is only as good as the person using the laptop also. Something to keep in mind.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what gear are you running
Old 12-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Your abs/p-brake lights sound like wheatly entered in the wrong gears for your tune. Did you ever find out for sure what gears you have? Is your SES light on at all? Im running 3.73's. Im taking more leave from the 28th of Dec thru mid Jan ill stop by and well make a run to see where its at in Tucson.

If you want to run it here at SIR, I'll log it for you anytime. We can see what's up with your tune. Your combo won't get a 13 here in Tucson, even in cold weather, but 85mph is worse than what my stock 4.8 did in at SIR with I/E/e-fans. Even on the coldest nights the DA is still above 3000ft. Get a wideband too before you get too upset. In my mail order tune days, things ran really rough.
Ill stop by when im headed down there.

Originally Posted by litreddevil
what gear are you running
3.73's

Ill have to get with Kyle so he can hook me up with EFI Live so i can start learning the ropes with tuning, Ill bet im missing a chit load of timing im headed back home today so ill get ahold of you guys so we can get this figured out. Thanks for the help ill keep 16 sec truck for now lol.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Your abs/p-brake lights sound like wheatly entered in the wrong gears for your tune. Did you ever find out for sure what gears you have? Is your SES light on at all?

If you want to run it here at SIR, I'll log it for you anytime. We can see what's up with your tune. Your combo won't get a 13 here in Tucson, even in cold weather, but 85mph is worse than what my stock 4.8 did in at SIR with I/E/e-fans. Even on the coldest nights the DA is still above 3000ft. Get a wideband too before you get too upset. In my mail order tune days, things ran really rough.
The ABS and parking brake are the only lights coming on.

Quick Reply: First passes :(