Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

First time back at the track with turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 02:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First time back at the track with turbo

We went to the 1/4 mile tonight. I towed the nitrous busa up there and was hopping there would be some bikes there to make some money off of.
But i tried my first pass on the all terrains, bad idea. I cant even rem what it ran haha.
But put some worn out 295/50/16 MT radials on it and ran a 13.5@103 on 5psi.
Unhooked the stock catback and i fought over boosting problems. So instead of quitting. I just ran my 100% methanol and let it have more timing.
Spitting and sputtering all the way down the track it did a 13.1@106. Same thing i did on 150 shot.

Couldnt ever figure out why it kept over boosting after the catback was unhooked. Line is good and no leaks.
Oh and IDC of 170% cant be good, right?

Got tired of fooling with it and had to fix an leak on a air line on the busa. Wouldnt hold pressure to work the air shifter.

Had to be the best night ever tho. After my first pass. I think it was a 14.0 with alot of spinnin. I got called out by a older peice o junk v6 mustang.
I was bolting on the DRs when he stopped by to see if id race him. Well of course i will lol.
Mounted the gopro and procedded to let him have it. Pretty sure he wasnt exoecting a ole truck that had just unhooked the trailer to run a 13.5@102
haha oh boy.

Then he wanted to race me again. Except he wanted right lane this time.

Had some interesting times on the way home tho.
Had a 99-02 z71 on ~33s come flyin last us so we caught up with them to see if they wanted to play. He had some horrific exhaust, sounded like poo. Anyway he mashed on and and stuck his head out the window like he was gonna leave us. We flew by him and let out. I couldnt understand what be was hollaring. But my buddy thought he said " whats in that thing".
We tried to catch a red light with him for miles and all of them were green

Closer to home we come up on a Fbody that had some slick lookin wheels with big wide ones in the back and skinnys up front and some loud exhaust. Figured we would see if he would bite. He gets in front of us and gets down on it so we followed. Got beside him doin bout 75 and hammered down. He finally caught us by 125ish and only put 2 cars on us by 135.
He gave us a wave when he got off the next exit
Mind you i had the DRs, two coolers, 50# bottle of nitrous, two 10# bottles of nitrous, 3 duffel bags of tools, straps, chains, binders in the bed and 3 people in the truck AND still pullin the Busa on a 10' trailer.
Bike and trailer prolly weighed 1300-1400 plus a few hundred of junk.

Needless to say we confused a few folks tonight.
So if yall see a white Fbody or maroon z71 on craigslist, i didnt mean to hurt their feelings.

Time for injectors and mo boost!!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sickness! Dang that sounds like fun! 5 psi is nothing, I see some nice ets coming..
Old 09-15-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome! Nice to hear it's running strong, can't wait to see the results once you get some injectors and figure out the over boosting problem
Old 09-15-2012, 08:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, sounds like a fun night

170%IDC though.. ouch that would scare me..
Old 09-15-2012, 08:57 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Exactly why I love moding trucks
Old 09-15-2012, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
We went to the 1/4 mile tonight. I towed the nitrous busa up there and was hopping there would be some bikes there to make some money off of.
But i tried my first pass on the all terrains, bad idea. I cant even rem what it ran haha.
But put some worn out 295/50/16 MT radials on it and ran a 13.5@103 on 5psi.
Unhooked the stock catback and i fought over boosting problems. So instead of quitting. I just ran my 100% methanol and let it have more timing.
Spitting and sputtering all the way down the track it did a 13.1@106. Same thing i did on 150 shot.

Couldnt ever figure out why it kept over boosting after the catback was unhooked. Line is good and no leaks.
Oh and IDC of 170% cant be good, right?

Got tired of fooling with it and had to fix an leak on a air line on the busa. Wouldnt hold pressure to work the air shifter.

Had to be the best night ever tho. After my first pass. I think it was a 14.0 with alot of spinnin. I got called out by a older peice o junk v6 mustang.
I was bolting on the DRs when he stopped by to see if id race him. Well of course i will lol.
Mounted the gopro and procedded to let him have it. Pretty sure he wasnt exoecting a ole truck that had just unhooked the trailer to run a 13.5@102
haha oh boy.

Then he wanted to race me again. Except he wanted right lane this time.

Had some interesting times on the way home tho.
Had a 99-02 z71 on ~33s come flyin last us so we caught up with them to see if they wanted to play. He had some horrific exhaust, sounded like poo. Anyway he mashed on and and stuck his head out the window like he was gonna leave us. We flew by him and let out. I couldnt understand what be was hollaring. But my buddy thought he said " whats in that thing".
We tried to catch a red light with him for miles and all of them were green

Closer to home we come up on a Fbody that had some slick lookin wheels with big wide ones in the back and skinnys up front and some loud exhaust. Figured we would see if he would bite. He gets in front of us and gets down on it so we followed. Got beside him doin bout 75 and hammered down. He finally caught us by 125ish and only put 2 cars on us by 135.
He gave us a wave when he got off the next exit
Mind you i had the DRs, two coolers, 50# bottle of nitrous, two 10# bottles of nitrous, 3 duffel bags of tools, straps, chains, binders in the bed and 3 people in the truck AND still pullin the Busa on a 10' trailer.
Bike and trailer prolly weighed 1300-1400 plus a few hundred of junk

Needless to say we confused a few folks tonight.
So if yall see a white Fbody or maroon z71 on craigslist, i didnt mean to hurt their feelings.

Time for injectors and mo boost!!
Thats funny **** right there
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sob 125 with a trailer takes some *****.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Didnt let out till 137
Atleast that what my scan gauge showed, speedo was buried past 100 and took awhile to come back down.

It was hilarious. You know they had to be thinking what was goin on. Truck is stupid quiet.

Cant wait for more boost, might be able to really whoop that fbody next time haha
Old 09-15-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

what did the busa do?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

9.1 and 9.2's.
Had air shifter problems and it just revved so fast it stayed on the rev limiter more than half of the pass.

Gonna gear it up and we are redoin the air shifter lines and setup.

Quick Reply: First time back at the track with turbo