Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

first time down the track in my new truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the future of mods look like for this truck ?[/QUOTE]

i dont know if i'm going to do much with this truck it's my work truck, most of my time is spent on my 8 second drag bike.......heres a picture of me at the track running my bike

Old 12-10-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

that is one quick truck you have there. i like the custom ram air also. i don't if anybody has tried a ram air with the chevy/gmc trucks yet but i would like to see one.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think are throttle bodies are mounted to far forward or someone could use the ss hood they have with that same set up . and the maf mounted almost right on the tb.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:39 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

13.8, I find that hard to beleive, my cousin has rcsb hemi truck and I handed him his *** a few times, you are over a second quicker than me, I want, I have a hard time beleiving the 13.8, sorry.

peace
Hog
Old 12-21-2005, 06:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hog
13.8, I find that hard to beleive, my cousin has rcsb hemi truck and I handed him his *** a few times, you are over a second quicker than me, I want, I have a hard time beleiving the 13.8, sorry.

peace
Hog

hog..........heres a video of one of my 13 second runs in my Daytona........

http://home.comcast.net/~suzukirules...7_11_19_05.wmv

Old 12-21-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice run. I find it very hard to belive those times with those mods. Single Cab Hemi's run high 14's with those mods on my side of woods. Those times are not typical. Funny how every Ram with a Hemi you have owned is freak from factory.
Originally Posted by h777
hog..........heres a video of one of my 13 second runs in my Daytona........

http://home.comcast.net/~suzukirules...7_11_19_05.wmv

Old 12-21-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Nice run. I find it very hard to belive those times with those mods. Single Cab Hemi's run high 14's with those mods on my side of woods. Those times are not typical. Funny how every Ram with a Hemi you have owned is freak from factory.
I've been thinking the same thing, but didn't want to say it. You're getting at least a second faster than every other truck like yours with similar or more mods. After lining up with an unlimited amount of hemi trucks with the same mods....I'm a huge skeptic. You might just be the luckiest hemi owner in the world....but twice is really hard to believe.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowprocess
I've been thinking the same thing, but didn't want to say it. You're getting at least a second faster than every other truck like yours with similar or more mods. After lining up with an unlimited amount of hemi trucks with the same mods....I'm a huge skeptic. You might just be the luckiest hemi owner in the world....but twice is really hard to believe.
Hard to believe? Yes, but there are plenty of trucks(chevy and GMC) around here running times that are very hard to believe for thier mods. Makes me want to run my **** off a bridge sometimes

Congrats on the times
Old 12-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slowprocess

slow.....the ones your running dont know all the little tricks like i do and dont know how to launch their truck to get 2.0s 60ft times most guys get 2.2 and 2.3 60ft times just by dropping your 60ft time from 2.3 to 2.0 you will drop 6 tenths in your 1/4 mile most dont know that , also their not running in 40 degree weather where these motors love to run......its all in the launch
Old 12-21-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by h777
slow.....the ones your running dont know all the little tricks like i do and dont know how to launch their truck to get 2.0s 60ft times most guys get 2.2 and 2.3 60ft times just by dropping your 60ft time from 2.3 to 2.0 you will drop 6 tenths in your 1/4 mile most dont know that , also their not running in 40 degree weather where these motors love to run......its all in the launch
so what are your launching techniques??

Quick Reply: first time down the track in my new truck